Esteemed Contributor

Re: You NEED a New Refrigerator

[ Edited ]

Really, I enjoy hearing about different methods! Remember how they always said wash w/ warm, rinse w/ cool?

However, I always rinse w/ warm because the warmth helps things to penetrate deeper. (I suppose that's what the red light therapy is all about.) I do wake up my eyes w/ cool, though.

Anyway, since our house is always on the cool side both summer & winter, all my things stay fresh, unless they're shoved in the back of the drawer because I'm using something I like better.

Honored Contributor

I have seen teeny tiny refers that would fit in a bathroom--maybe if and when I get a bathroom big enough for a tiny little one, I will---think it is a great idea.

Honored Contributor

I keep some of my skincare stuff in the fridge in the kitchen. It's not like I have to take a hike to get to the fridge from my bathroom. My house is not that big where I have to call out to the west wing....lol!

Honored Contributor

One more time it's good to have full use of my only refrigerator all to myself!  I devote the back quarter of one of the lower shelves to unopened products that are backups and I use one part of a door shelf for opened products. 

Now that I live in small space on one floor, extra appliances for beauty, cooking, or cleaning cannot infringe on my open space  -- to say nothing of finding an electric outlet easy to give up.

It's an ugly cliche but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

LOL!  That's what I call it.  We use our second bedroom as a storage room since we do not have any extra closet space.  Plus our bathroom is so small that there is no storage.  So my husband installed storage shelves.  He has half of the room for his boat stuff & I have half as my beauty storage room.  Between all the big bottles of WEN, Philosophy and all my extra skin-care, I have room to properly store everything!  Plus no one can come stay with us, which is another plus!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I've looked into one of these refrigerators and many of the reviews say they haven't lasted more than a few months and then they stopped cooling at all.   Amazon has  a few of these in a chest type style.  Some of the reviews say that they work a little better but they sell for over $150.00.  That's too much for me to spend just to keep face serums and creams a little cooler than room temperature.

For those of you who have purchased and are pleased with your product would you mind posting what brand you have and where you purchased it.  

I think it's a good idea but not sure if it's really necessary.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

I can certainly understand that.  Many mini-fridges are energy efficient.  The one I'm going to buy today is energy efficient.

E92B6ECD-142C-48FB-A509-CC1D94BB919C.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I've had a small fridge in my closet for 20 years. We built this house, and I had an outlet put in for the fridge at that time.

My purpose was to keep things cold for my kids like antibiotics because the kids were young and that seemed to be what I needed to keep cold back then. 

I had no trouble with my first fridge, and my son took that small one and gave me a larger one when he needed a small one for his dorm room. That small fridge was then traded to my youngest son, and is still going strong. The large fridge I received in trade did not last long, so I got another one. DH has has to fix that one twice.

I Do keep my beauty things in there now, as well as any meds that need the cold. 

They make ice, but I ask WHY? Just give me room for my stuff.

Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I've looked into one of these refrigerators and many of the reviews say they haven't lasted more than a few months and then they stopped cooling at all.   Amazon has  a few of these in a chest type style.  Some of the reviews say that they work a little better but they sell for over $150.00.  That's too much for me to spend just to keep face serums and creams a little cooler than room temperature.

For those of you who have purchased and are pleased with your product would you mind posting what brand you have and where you purchased it.  

I think it's a good idea but not sure if it's really necessary.  

@J Town Girl I bought a mini fridge on Amazon 3 years ago and it's still going strong. The brand is Cooluli and it's actually a bit cheaper now than when I bought mine. It's currently selling for $44.99.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I am going to Best Buy tomorrow to buy one!  It will fit perfectly on my storage shelf in my beauty supply room!!!!!

@SurferWife  I have researched these in the past and could not find one that got good reviews from purchasers. It seems like they don't last long. Please let us know if you like the one you buy.