Esteemed Contributor

Some aestheticians believe that purchasing a separate refrigerator for your makeup products can bring many rewards.

The first one being that application of cooled creams, serums and the like reduce inflammation.  They say inflammation = aging.  

Skincare fridges may sound like an unnecessary purchase, but they’re actually pretty useful in a variety of ways. Storing your face masks, moisturizers, serums, and eye creams makes for the perfect way to soothe, depuff, and wake up your skin in the morning. Fun fact: cold inhibits the growth of bacteria. We refrigerate our foods, so why not our skincare? Doing this will keep our skincare products usable for a longer period of time while giving you plump skin.

You can find this article on Elle.  It also lists some reasonbly priced lil fridges that can be purchased on Amazon. 

*Never ever heard of such a thing, but I guess I can put this in the category of you learn something new everyday!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

Re: You NEED a New Refrigerator

I put some of my masks and toners in the fridge.  I use the vegetable crisper drawer and it's only for cosmetics.  It's so refreshing for me, especially during the summer. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I remember to return my moisturizers to the refrigerator, that's where they belong! It feels so refreshing to apply them when chilled. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I would consider getting a mini fridge for beauty products...I would have to figure out where to put something like that but it beats running up and down the stairs all the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am going to Best Buy tomorrow to buy one!  It will fit perfectly on my storage shelf in my beauty supply room!!!!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I definitely DO NOT need to use any       extra electricity

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I keep all my beauty products in the fridge. even all my Wen. all beauty products - little food. hmmm 🤔 

Honored Contributor

I have had a skin care fridge in my larger bathroom closet for 2 and 1/2 years. They do not get as cold as a full size fridge. Mine also has a warm mode. It's definitely bougie 😉. Also they put out warm air just like a regular refrigerator only not as much. I keep my bathroom closet slightly ajar. I used to keep my sheet masks in there but honestly by the time I got the silly thing pulled apart and on my face it was room temperature.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Beauty supply ROOM?  You're already bougie 😊

Respected Contributor

I keep mine on top of the toilet tank in our bathroom. It keeps my serums nice and cool and,  I feel, extends the life of my Vitamin C serum. I also keep my caffeine eye cream in there because I think adding coolness to the caffeine is like a double whammy for my undereye puffiness.