Honored Contributor

Re: Yoo hoo, cosmetic companies, there are other packaging colors than black

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

LIke a lot of people on this board, I have a ton of makeup.  Why don't these companies put mascara, etc. in something besides black?  Just try to pick out an eyeliner without glasses out of a jar of black pencils.  The only time they seem to get creative is lipstick, thank heavens for that, I have a chance of grabbing the right color. 

@depglass

You mean the actual item is black .... not the packaging, right?

I had to go check my own makeup.  The only makeup item in my tray that are black is my tube of mascara.   

1. @Tinkrbl44  Since I use a lot of Bobbi Brown, most of her packaging is black: foundation sticks, concealer & corrector compacts, bronzer compacts and the Antiqua bronzer/blush (pinkish) compact all black, as well as lipstick tubes. Chanel and other companies also use mostly black for their containers thinking it’s chic to take out a powder compact/lipstick in black to apply when w/ others. Chanel is careful to even display their large double C logo. Make Up Forever, Marc Jacobs and Doir also use black packaging. Lancome’s products are encased in black as well. 

When I open MY makeup drawer, it’s definitely a sea of black. Oh, BTW, I’m pretty sure Trish McEvoy, Armani and maybe Tom Ford all use black for their mu containers.

Drugstore brands are following suit. Revlon and others use black lipstick tubes or caps on foundation bottles. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@depglass

You mean the actual item is black .... not the outer packaging, right?

I had to go check my own makeup.  The only makeup item in my tray that are black is my tube of mascara.   

1. @Tinkrbl44  Since I use a lot of Bobbi Brown, most of her packaging is black: foundation sticks, concealer & corrector compacts, bronzer compacts and the Antiqua bronzer/blush (pinkish) compact all black, as well as lipstick tubes. Chanel and other companies also use mostly black for their containers thinking it’s chic to take out a powder compact/lipstick in black to apply when w/ others. Chanel is careful to even display their large double C logo. Make Up Forever, Marc Jacobs and Doir also use black packaging. Lancome’s products are encased in black as well. 

When I open MY makeup drawer, it’s definitely a sea of black. Oh, BTW, I’m pretty sure Trish McEvoy, Armani and maybe Tom Ford all use black for their mu containers.

Drugstore brands are following suit. Revlon and others use black lipstick tubes or caps on foundation bottles. 

@ Shanus

Well, thanks for sharing.  You have no idea how worried some of us were about YOUR makeup drawer.  Everyone can rest easy now.   LOL    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I am having similar problems with a lip color I bought recently. It is L'Oréal and I picked it out because the tube is clear and I can see the color...but forget about seeing the name or the color number on the bottom of the tube...it is on a clear label I think with 3 tiny numbers....I wanted to buy a second one for my purse but had no idea which one to get since so many looked similar. Even my daughter couldn't figure out the number.
Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee

What a GREAT IDEA!!  👍