Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes, Going To A New Hair Salon Today

@Greeneyedlady21 I am loving the Martina cut too.I saved that pic in the hopes that I will get brave enough to go short.I have hair that frizzes and I live in a rainy state so I find that a lot of the time I just have to tie my hair back.Cant imagine how I would look with short frizzies.

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, I wish you all the best - hope you enjoy your appointment and get some pampering time.  Caregiving is very tough.  I helped care for my dad who had Parkinsons Disease and dementia until we had no choice but to move him to a nursing facility.  It took me a long time to understand that you have to take care of yourself (it's so eay to tell someone that, but so difficult to do without feeling guilty).  Take care.                   

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 In the first group of pic you posted, I really like the hairstyle in the last pic.  Really nice.

Honored Contributor

I like it. I still have the bangs and the ears covered and the length I like. I was supposed to have a different stylist but he was taking too long. I believe he was a junior stylist. So I got a senior stylist and she was so sweet and low key. Her Mom had cancer too, it's in remission.

It doesn't look as much like the Martina picture as I would like, maybe next time she could cut more layers into it. She used all Bumble and Bumble products, I didn't buy any but next time I'll ask her the specific ones. One was for volume and the other was shine. I think the other was hairspray.

I made another appointment so I'll see how it goes with former stylist. She still has to come to the house to do my Mother's hair. Awkward. I've dealt with much worse than that in almost three years. I'll put on my Wonder Woman and just tell it like it is.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Plus I had a $10 coupon that came in a ValPak yesterday. So it was only 45 after the coupon. $10 tip is what I do for a cut and blowdry. I never pay more than $60 for that where I live.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Yes..happy that you like your hair.I think that once the stylist cuts it a couple more times she will get it fine tuned to perfection for you.Do you think it will be easy to style?

anyway I hope that you had a nice little break and relaxed a bit.

Honored Contributor

@dex I hope it will be easy to style. I think I need to get a larger barrel brush too.

It kind of looks like a cross between these three. Actually not like the third at all, just the first two. I love the back too.  

images.jpeg3defc306410082391ac01a6783d64802--short-layered-bobs-layered-bob-with-bangs.jpgChin-Length-Layered-Bob-with-Bangs.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Well I love it but the most important one to be pleased is you.I think that it might be even cuter than the first pictures you were deciding on.Let me know how it works when you style it yourself...looks like a large barrel brush would be required for smoothing if your hair is wavy.

Honored Contributor

@dex Thanks for being so supportive and nice. That means everything to me these days. Do you have any recommendations for a large round brush that's not expensive? Right now I use that angel one by Kate Middleton's stylist. It's ok. 

Honored Contributor

I would go to a sally beauty supply and see what they recommend and then go from there.I find the store near me has great people working there and a few of them are former hair stylists.I dont like the all bristle type as they seem to get caught in my hair.I have one that has nylon bristles protruding from a metal barrel that works for me.

i hope your mom is doing ok tonight and that you are having a nice evening together.Take care and hugs to you.