Respected Contributor

Re: Yellow eyeshadows Are you a fan?

No, I don't.I do like well rested from BE.
Esteemed Contributor

I can wear a subtle yellow on my eyelids. It helps to counteract any lid darkness and undereye dark circles as those have purple undertones. I cannot wear purple, red, or pink eyeshadows as those just seem to emphasize the undereye dark circles.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grungier tones of yellow make me look ill.  (Same with yellow-toned olive greens.)  But I can incorporate some shades of yellow into a look and have it look good.  That said, it's not a color I reach for a lot.  

I hear yellow blush is the next trend.  Think I will pass on that, but I can see people using it for artsy looks.

Image result for yellow blush

Related image

Related image

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
No, I don't.I do like well rested from BE.

And that’s one of the ones I use, when I say I use a pale yellow.  My other one is similar, and I want to say it’s l’oreal...

Honored Contributor

No! I'm not even a fan of yellow nail polish! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I wear just a dot of pale yellow shadow on my lid just above the iris.   I have olive color eyes, and the yellow works well for me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

On a neutral-cool skin tone, which is mine, yellow isn't very becoming, imo. It depends on the statement you want to make with these makeup colors. Also, where you place them. I suppose I could get away with it if I put a touch of yellow directly on the lid. Nah, I think I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

the only yellowish shadow I use is from BE and it is called Well Rested. I use that in the dark purple hollows of my inner eyes and as an eyelid base. I wear only neutral  eyeshadows and that covers the redness on my lids.

Trusted Contributor

I think yellow eyeshadows are ugly, but that's just my opinion. I would never wear them regardless of how old I was. 

Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of the jaundice look.