Super Contributor

Yellow eyeshadows Are you a fan?

I am seeing more and more of these yellow eyeshadows and I must say I am  not a fan and could never pull that look off. I would look like death (plus I am 59 years old). 

But I always say if a woman likes something and it looks good on her she should wear it.

Could you pull off wearing yellow eyeshadow?

Respected Contributor

Re: Yellow eyeshadows Are you a fan?

I do use yellow sometimes. Never as my only shadow, but as a bit of color on the lid. Just for fun.

I am 58.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yellow eyeshadow sounds hideous.  No, I would never even think of wearing it.  I also hate that reddish color eyeshadow some women are wearing -- very unattractive.    Let's see if we mix yellow and red together we have orange.  Yuck.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

with my blue eyes, pink or lavender works best.  

I never thought of yellow. hmmmmmm

Honored Contributor

No cannot wear due to yellow tones in my skin.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No yellow eye shadow, white nails out of the 70's, or anything else similar!

I am often asked about my makeup, especially my taupe eyeshadow which is perfect for me since I wear SO much color!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do sometimes.  I have a more gold color I use on my lid and then a very light yellow with some sparkle in it (I know, you hate sparkles) that I use underneath my brow for hightlight and with a narrow brush along the lash line just above my eyeliner.  In the crease I'll use a brown, so it really doesn't scream yellow eyeshadow. 

ETA:  I have green eyes and red hair.

Honored Contributor

Some make-up ideas look great on performers as part of their costuming.  Otherwise, not so much.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I often wear a pale yellow eyeshadow (like cream with a yellow tint).  It works very well with my light skin and hazel eyes 

I put either olive or brown shadow in the crease and the corner of the eye.  Learned this combo many years ago, from a Mary Kay consultant.  It still works! 

Valued Contributor

Yellows and even some pinks make me look sickly.  I am fair with blond hair and I have bought eye shadows that just make my eyes look like they were crying (pinks in particular) or ghostly (light yellow).