Honored Contributor

Re: Yellow eyeshadows Are you a fan?

It really depends upon the shade. I inferred that the OP was talking about a more intense kind of yellow that something more akin to a concealer type shade.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

If it complements an outfit or mood, I say, go for it! I am however, not the biggest fan of yellow because of the yellow undertones of my skin.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I could never wear yellow shadow without looking jaundiced.

Super Contributor

I am sorry but I had to cackle out laughing at that. I don't think I will ever be a fan of yellow blush either.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It really depends upon the shade. I inferred that the OP was talking about a more intense kind of yellow that something more akin to a concealer type shade.

I wasn’t sure.  As I read more posts and saw the photos, I realized most posters were thinking of a much brighter shade of yellow.  

I wouldn’t wear the bright neon shade.   With any color, there are soft shades, and more intense or brighter ones.  

Honored Contributor

UD has a new palette. All yellows, golds, warm tans. I think it’s for editorial looks, younger women and Instagram stars.

Honored Contributor

Yes @Mama Deb .  I often wear yellow or gold as the base part on my lid, but not as an overall color.  As long as I blend well, it looks good with other colors - brown, etc.

Super Contributor

I love yellow eye shadow! I used to wear it with blue (years ago) and always had people tell me my eyes were so pretty. I have reddish brown hair and green eyes.

Trusted Contributor

FOR ME? No way....

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Here's today's yellow eyeshadow.  I paired it with blue today, although I also often pair it with brown or green. 

Yellow & Blue Eye Makeup.jpg

Yellow & Blue Eyeshadow Closed.jpg