Honored Contributor

Yeah! Found my new current lipstick love!!!

I am a lipstick/lip gloss junkie!  Ha!  Can't get enough!

I recently found one which I am totally in love with!

It is Cover Girl --- Katy Perry line.  It is called Katy Kat Matte.  The color is Mauve Minx.  I  have been off matte lipsticks because they seem too flat and drying, but this line does not seem overly so.  And I adore this color!  Some mauves are too bright and pink and in your face.  This one is more refined, I think ,and veers more to a deeper pink with salmon tones.  I haven been wearing this one every day for a week!  It wears really well. After I have it on for a few hours, I just add a dash of balm over top to kind of soften and refresh.  Lasts pretty much all day!!!  

Just sharing!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Yeah! Found my new current lipstick love!!!

Thanks, AngelPuppy1, for the info.  I'll check it out next time I'm at the drugstore.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I'm thinking about trying those, too.  I LOVE the Maybelline mattes.  Lust for Blush is a pretty pinky-mauve shade.  I also love the Milani mattes (and all Milani lipsticks, for that matter!) 

Glad you like the Katy Kat line!  I think the drugstore has really come a long way recently in the makeup department.  Foundation is really the only "high end" item I purchase.  I'm loving drugstore everything else!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

Hello, I can't find Mauve Minx, do you mean Magenta Minx?

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

It is Cover Girl --- Katy Perry line.  It is called Katy Kat Matte.  The color is Mauve Minx.  I  have been off matte lipsticks because they seem too flat and drying, but this line does not seem overly so.  And I adore this color!  Some mauves are too bright and pink and in your face.  This one is more refined, I think ,and veers more to a deeper pink with salmon tones.  I haven been wearing this one every day for a week!  It wears really well. After I have it on for a few hours, I just add a dash of balm over top to kind of soften and refresh.  Lasts pretty much all day!!!  

Just sharing!!!  

Hi @AngelPuppy1 ... the lipstick sounds nice.  I tried looking up  Mauve Minx but cannot find it.  Did you mean Magenta Minx?

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Hello, I can't find Mauve Minx, do you mean Magenta Minx?

Yes, I am sorry!  In my excitement I messed the names up!  It is Magents Minx!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Just sharing!!!  

Hi @AngelPuppy1 ... the lipstick sounds nice.  I tried looking up  Mauve Minx but cannot find it.  Did you mean Magenta Minx?

Yes, it is Magenta Minx.  I goofed up!!! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone!  I hope you will enjoy these lipsticks if you try!  I plan on trying another color.  Though, I really love this color!!!