Honored Contributor

Yea!!! My nail salon opened today🙂🙂🙂

Long line outside with all of just waiting to get appointment!!!

(Most of us called but just got busy signal)

They had 1 receptionist scheduling appointments.  No glass partitions and nothing looked different as of today.  Appointments available tomorrow.

The guidelines: mask, cash, and only 6 people in pedicure area at a time.  They have 12 chairs.  They will not offer slippers (kind they put on while your toes dry), you will be asked to purchase tools box (not sure what this is).

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.  I'm allowing my nails a break no dip or polish just natural.

Super Contributor

Re: Yea!!! My nail salon opened today🙂🙂🙂

I think the tool box is the nail file, nail clippers, calus file etc.  

Respected Contributor

Glad that you are looking forward to getting your nails done. Nail salons here are still closed but for me, I will keep doiing my own, I'm just not ready to return to a nail salon or get a haircut. Stay safe. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Aren't you in Florida or do I have you confused with another poster?  I sure wouldn't chance it.  I see you're getting a haircut, too.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

In my opinion a nail salon sin't an essential place to reopen and I have long nails which I take care of myself.  However, I am not judging and I just hope they follow all the guidelines and the customers also.  Although I cannot see how a nail salon can social distance unless their arms and customers are as long as an octopus tentacle!

Stay safe and be careful, this pandemic is not over.

Respected Contributor

It would be very helpful to the posters when starting an original post and u refer to specific stores or activities opening up in your area- you say the general area u live in or state..otherwise , it’s not really informational or beneficial to know.,
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Long line outside with all of just waiting to get appointment!!!

(Most of us called but just got busy signal)

They had 1 receptionist scheduling appointments.  No glass partitions and nothing looked different as of today.  Appointments available tomorrow.

The guidelines: mask, cash, and only 6 people in pedicure area at a time.  They have 12 chairs.  They will not offer slippers (kind they put on while your toes dry), you will be asked to purchase tools box (not sure what this is).

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.  I'm allowing my nails a break no dip or polish just natural.

@homedecor1 

Awesome!  You will feel like a new woman!  I got my nails & pedi done yesterday & I feel like my old self again.  Enjoy!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    Doesn't your dh have some health problems?  I certainly wouldn't risk exposing myself to something that I might pass on to him for something as trivial as a mani/pedi.  Those salon employees get exposed to everything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a few thoughts to add here for anyone reading this OP and considering going to a nail salon at this stage in our pandemic...one, the source of the CA original outbreak was a nail salon. This is not a surprise and I am sure everyone knows this is a high risk activity...just FYI. Two, the CDC and several other health agencies list nail salons and hair salons in the top 5 things to AVOID as long as possible due to the inability in those services to mitigate risk. While everyone makes their own choices, do think about who you may be spreading to before you go (live alone? Work alone from home? See or care for anyone?) The contagious nature of this disease forces us to think about the risk as not just our own.

Honored Contributor

@hookedonq -

Thank you for your very thoughtful and informative post that was written in a very respectful way.

It is so encouraging to read a post like this that is not a personal attack against anyone but simply a caring thoughtful post. It is a good example to follow.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"