Respected Contributor

Re: YVES SAINT LAURENT TOUCHE ÉCLAT - Radiant Touch VS. BENEFIT COSMETICS Eye Bright

On 3/12/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I have had Touche Éclat and to be honest Maybelline Age Rewind Illuminator is just as good if not better and a whole lot cheaper. Also oooh la lift by Benefit brightens and tightens under eyes. You can get the Maybelline and the Benefit for less than the Touche Éclat.

L'Oreal MagicLumi pen is an exact dupe for the YSL, IMO. I had both in my m/u area. I was using the YSL one morning, set it aside for something, came back and mistakenly picked up the Lumi and used it. I applied under the other eye and then realized the pen was a little different. But, the product applied and looked exactly the same as the pricier YSL.
Respected Contributor

Re: YVES SAINT LAURENT TOUCHE ÉCLAT - Radiant Touch VS. BENEFIT COSMETICS Eye Bright

LOVE Touche Éclat & wouldn't be w/out it!

Regular Contributor

I have tried Touche Éclat and it is wonderful. I love it! It's the best concealer/eye brightener that I have used. It's creamy, applies so smoothly and does not settle into fine lines or creases. I have not used in quite some time as it's very pricey IMHO. Good luck on your search.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your advise and opinions. I am going to have to try out all your suggestions and see what works best for me. Regards, Maria

Super Contributor

I've used both, here's my thought. TE is just Ok, a product that is identical in application but actually lays down some color is MAC Prep and Prime Concealer. Love it. Does not settle in fine lines. It's come to replace my other concealers, MAC Moisturecover (which is also great but has the doe foot applicator) and NARS (which is too yellowy for me. Also M P&P has many more shades from which to choose. ETA - I checked, they only have 4. I use the rose and it looks natural on me.

Benefit Eye Bright - I also LOVE this. I don't always use it, but when I look tired and need some extra brightness esp. on the inner corners of my eye, the combination of MAC & EB takes 10 years off my face. the EB is a bit chalky, it needs to be blended a bit and I use a concealer brush and sometimes a Q-tip if I got too much on.

Have fun whatever goodies you choose.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 beautydiva said: I like touché éclat or mabelline rewind the best

Agree. TE is my all time fave, but I've found I haven't gotten it in a long time. I keep repurchasing Maybelline Age Rewind and am REALLY liking that! I call it the Poor Man's Touche Eclat. :-)

Super Contributor

Doh! -- Farnella got me! A pox on her house! Good info in this thread, anyway. :-)

Super Contributor

I like the Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant---and I like the Loreal Age Rewind---