Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,168
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

The few times I have seen her, Robin McGraw has looked a little too "perfect" to me....it is obvious she has had a lot of work done which is fine....but to try and sell skincare products implying her face is from those products and not from surgery, is disingenuous.....can't stand her husband....

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,230
Registered: ‎05-05-2010

There's something about Robin's face that just looks extremely unnatural. When she speaks, it seems as if her face doesn't want to move. I don't know what, if anything, she has had "done", or if she claims that her products make her look the way she does.

Everyone should know by now that products applied topically can only do so much. Even surgery and injectables can only do so much after a certain point in our aging process. I haven't tried any of Robin's products, but I wouldn't judge the quality of them based on HER appearance. Her products are pretty new, and whatever she has been doing, she certainly has been doing for a much longer period of time. Same with Adrienne. Some of her claims are pretty far-fetched, but I still like and use a lot of her products, even though I don't expect the results that she claims.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,148
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

It doesn't bother me that she is promoting a line of skincare. I've ready several of the reviews and it looks like people are liking it.

Super Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

It makes no difference to me what the rep looks like or how much surgery she has had--it comes down to INGREDIENTS. I don't know if eidelweiss is particularly good or just another antioxidant, but lots of skincare lines have it, Robin's is not unique.

I don't understand why more women don't research the ingredients instead of worrying about who is selling it. Simple--if product has outstanding ingredients (which Robin's doesn't appear to), then buy it, if not, don't buy. Who is selling it makes no difference to me, it's all about what's in it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,954
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
On 6/5/2014 4doggies said:

It makes no difference to me what the rep looks like or how much surgery she has had--it comes down to INGREDIENTS. I don't know if eidelweiss is particularly good or just another antioxidant, but lots of skincare lines have it, Robin's is not unique.

I don't understand why more women don't research the ingredients instead of worrying about who is selling it. Simple--if product has outstanding ingredients (which Robin's doesn't appear to), then buy it, if not, don't buy. Who is selling it makes no difference to me, it's all about what's in it.

Robyn's ingredients are unique because this stuff was made by someone else and she is just their shill spokesperson.

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,837
Registered: ‎03-01-2013

It is no different than when a actor or such has a jewelry line or a clothing line... It is all done for them... all they do is show up to sell it. The celebrity has no part in what is in it.. what the style is- they pick out what they like, and that is about it. It is just for a fast few million$$$$$$. Robin says that proceeds go to her charity for abused women. I bet a good portion of those proceeds go to HSN and Robin FIRST!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,420
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

No matter what work someone might have had done- whether it be surgery, injections, etc- it still takes good skincare to maintain it. Joan Rivers was the one who spoke 'this truth' when she sold skincare products. (maybe that's why she doesn't sell skincare now! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.laugh})

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,837
Registered: ‎03-01-2013
On 6/5/2014 ibb38 said:

No matter what work someone might have had done- whether it be surgery, injections, etc- it still takes good skincare to maintain it. Joan Rivers was the one who spoke 'this truth' when she sold skincare products. (maybe that's why she doesn't sell skincare now! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.laugh})

have you seen Joan without any plastered on thick makeup that she wears on air? OMG she looks worse than an 80 year old woman who had no surgery! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Old skin is just old skin no matter how tight you pull it or how much collagen you inject into it. All the surgery has made her a freak of nature.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,104
Registered: ‎09-12-2010

Duh. Plastic surgery and skin cream are totally different subjects. What is so hard to understand about that??

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 6/5/2014 momcat said:

Duh. Plastic surgery and skin cream are totally different subjects. What is so hard to understand about that??

This made me laugh. Yes, apparently it is a very complex issue. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'm not a fan of the McGraws, but that's neither here nor there when it comes to her right to sell beauty products.

I think JLF nailed it in her Post #5.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland