Respected Contributor

Was just channel surfing and saw Robin McGraw on HSN selling skin care??? The woman looks NOTHING like herself-(I wouldn't have recognized her)SOOO much plastic surgery! It's crazy! Can't stand women who are clearly this vain. Way overboard-And, we are supposed to believe that her products will do wonders for our skin (when her own face isn't even her own)? Give me a break {#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

Someone as bright, informative, and smart as you can't be fooled and would never believe a woman like her or buy her products.

Regular Contributor

I feel the same way about Adrian and Signature Club A. I have bought things believing what she is saying only to find it's a waste of money!!! I do like her Vit C capsules though!

Honored Contributor

Both she and her husband are such phonies! I wouldn't believe a thing either of them says!

Respected Contributor

Well, yeah. Most celebrities look very different when not wearing makeup. Some look better than others, some don't. I really don't mind, so long as they're good people.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
On 6/4/2014 Luvmycats said:

Was just channel surfing and saw Robin McGraw on HSN selling skin care??? The woman looks NOTHING like herself-(I wouldn't have recognized her)SOOO much plastic surgery! It's crazy! Can't stand women who are clearly this vain. Way overboard-And, we are supposed to believe that her products will do wonders for our skin (when her own face isn't even her own)? Give me a break {#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Yet here we all are, on a Beauty Board, comparing experiences, making recommendations, and experimenting to whatever degree we individually decide, with any number of lotions, potions, serums, creams, gadgets, makeup, and faux tanners in order to stave off the effects of aging and look good while doing it....but that's not vain, right? Didn't you say in a recent thread on wearing blue nail polish, "Do what makes you happy. Who cares what others think"? And in another thread you mentioned that Tarte and Clarins are your favorite faux tanners, didn't you? So why does it matter so much to you, what Robin McGraw does, if it makes her happy?

As for the photos you supplied in post #4, they're really not a fair comparison. They're taken with different amounts of makeup, shot from different camera angles, taken in different lighting situations, and different camera filters have been used. Honestly, I don't see that much of a difference in the structure of her face. Furthermore, even if Robin had any procedures done, that doesn't eliminate the need for good skincare. She believes in her product and is using her profits to help women coming out of domestic violence situations. She deserves props for that.

For someone who spends most of her time in the fashion forums, and often is kind of negative anyway unless it's a thread about a host or vendor you happen to like, I just don't understand your need to go out of your way to visit the Beauty Banter forum, for the sole purpose of knocking down someone else.

Valued Contributor
FYI, my niece who will be 70 this year, told me her facial lady, name for her, but I can't spell it, told her the Robin McGraw products were really doing good for her. Prior to using them, the facial girl said the products were just sitting or her skin. Just saying, not endorsing or recommending, I just thought it was interesting to hear. This facial girl has no affiliation to RMG.
Super Contributor

In those pics- it looks like the entire shape of her face has changed.

I believe plastic surgery is just fine for those who want it and can afford it. So what if she looks "too young for her age". As long as she is happy with the outcome, why should anyone care what others think, judge and gossip about?

The only time plastic surgery starts to look hideous is when people go way overboard with repetitive surgeries. I fault the people, but more so the surgeons who are always trying to 'sell' a client another procedure for a more "perfect" them.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, the issue is that she is selling skin care by implying that her line will take care of aging. If there was any line that did that, no one would ever need plastic surgery again. There is nothing wrong with surgery if a person wants it, just be honest. She continues to claim that she did not have any work done and that is obviously a BIG lie.

Honored Contributor

I've never watched her present her skincare line so I have no idea what she says or doesn't say when selling them. If she's claiming those products are responsible for her lack of wrinkles and lifted/stretched appearance of her skin, I'd have to say she's not being honest. It sure looks like she's had a ton of work done.

Regardless, no matter what type of procedures one has done to their skin, you still need good skincare.