Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I gave up spending outrageous prices for fragrance.  If you have a store such as TJMaxx or Marshalls or Ross near you, you can get some of the very good fragrances for a lot less.  Also, there are some mail order places which are much less - such as fragrancedot. net.  I have ordered many times and they are reputable.  Also, they often just have little samples if you just want to try something you're not sure of.  In answer to your question - no, you don't have to spend $200 or more to get a great fragrance.  

@AngelPuppy1 

ITA ....   a few years ago I bought a very nice set of my sister's favorite fragrance at Marshalls for 37% of full price retail.   

I'm not sure which of us was happier about the purchase.  lol

@Tinkrbl44 

That's awesome - for the both of you!  The last few years I worked, I was in Marshalls constantly.  I built up quite a collection of very good fragrances at excellent prices!  I also told DH --- never go to the department stores again and buy me perfume as presents because those prices are ATROCIOUS!!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

That's great for those of you who live in the city and have access to these discount stores and for those of you who don't have a broken knee.  I do what I have to do.  But, the next time I'm in the market for fragrance, I'll check out some of the discount websites.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I am sorry to hear about your health problem and I hope you have a quick recovery!  I don't live in a city, but a very small town and we have hardly any stores at all.  Our Ross closed down awhile back but we thankfully still have a Marshall store.  Our TJ Maxx is about 45 minutes away, so I rarely get there.  But there are a lot of good places to buy fragrance on line for much less.  Take care and I hope you get better soon!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin