Esteemed Contributor
Like Mr Barnum said, there's a fool born every minute.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I don't really worry about looking older, so I don't pay attention to youth promising creams and potions.

I had blood tests and found that my Vitamin D levels were dangerously low.  After only two days of taking a Vitamin D3 supplement, I can say I felt younger.  I have more pep and my knees have less pain.  I am a new person.  This vitamin can perform miracles if you are deficient.

Honored Contributor

It's all about making money and they do that by leading insecure women who gave credit cards to the promised land called Eternal Youth.  These supplements are safe if women follow the instructions. These companies aren't stupid, they would never risk lawsuits.  And need repeat business.  As my endocrinologist once told me about supplements your body doesn't need.....you just make expensive pee when you take them.  It is funny.  There are now scores of companies selling these products  It makes me wonder what they will think of next to squeeze money out of aging women.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

What are your thoughts on this product @SilleeMee ?

I am wondering the same thing. I take collegian in my coffee every day and know it has helped with joint pain. Last week I picked up collegian tablets at Costco. The bottle says six a day but since I already take it in my coffee I have only been taking two a day.

@MG Chris 

The ELEMIS TSV pills is not a collagen supp. There is no collagen in it.

Thank you I passed. 

I have never used this line but have seen them on Royal Caribbean and in the high end shopping district in Aruba. 

Since I use stuff for awhile and move on I took the plunge and bought six items from this line today.  My question for @SilleeMee is that I bought the item A590359 the superfood glow cleanser and A544096 resurfacing pads. Can I use these at night with RetinA?

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I am wondering the same thing. I take collegian in my coffee every day and know it has helped with joint pain. Last week I picked up collegian tablets at Costco. The bottle says six a day but since I already take it in my coffee I have only been taking two a day.

@MG Chris 

Thank you I passed. 

I have never used this line but have seen them on Royal Caribbean and in the high end shopping district in Aruba. 

Since I use stuff for awhile and move on I took the plunge and bought six items from this line today.  My question for @SilleeMee is that I bought the item A590359 the superfood glow cleanser and A544096 resurfacing pads. Can I use these at night with RetinA?

@MG Chris 

It's not recommended to exfoliate before applying tretinoin (RetinA). What you can do though is exfoliate in the AM to avoid any issues with tret.

That Superfood cleanser contains AHA so it would also be a good idea to use that one in the AM to avoid irritation/sensitivity while using tret.

Honored Contributor

I've had good results taking collagen and hyaluronic acid supplements but certainly not to the extent they're claiming. I Can definitely tell the difference in my skin's appearance if I stop. My grandma's doctor suggested she take them for her joints. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@MG Chris 

Thank you I passed. 

@MG Chris 

It's not recommended to exfoliate before applying tretinoin (RetinA). What you can do though is exfoliate in the AM to avoid any issues with tret.

That Superfood cleanser contains AHA so it would also be a good idea to use that one in the AM to avoid irritation/sensitivity while using tret.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't really worry about looking older, so I don't pay attention to youth promising creams and potions.

I had blood tests and found that my Vitamin D levels were dangerously low.  After only two days of taking a Vitamin D3 supplement, I can say I felt younger.  I have more pep and my knees have less pain.  I am a new person.  This vitamin can perform miracles if you are deficient.

@Carmie    Hopefully we get to an age where HEALTH becomes the focus of our concerns over our faces showing some wear and tear.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: YOUTH PILLS?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@MG Chris 

@SilleeMee  How can they sell them as collegen supplements if they are aren't. I know the packaging says Pro Collegen but aren't they being misleading in their push?

Also what skincare would you recommend for aging skin?

Do you have an opinion about the No7 line?

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@MG Chris 

@SilleeMee  How can they sell them as collegen supplements if they are aren't. I know the packaging says Pro Collegen but aren't they being misleading in their push?

Also what skincare would you recommend for aging skin?

Do you have an opinion about the No7 line?

@NicksmomESQ 

They aren't selling collagen supps. "Pro-Collagen" is what the label says. 'Pro' means it supports and helps the production of. 

I don't have any particular brand of skincare which I can recommend. I use a product that addresses most all the signs of aging. It's called tretinoin (RetinA). I've never used the No.7 line.