Honored Contributor

Re: YOUTH PILLS?

[ Edited ]

The ELEMIS pills do not contain any collagen. They are PRO-collagen supps meaning they are formulated to support collagen and it's production in the skin. Apparently this supp contains a fairly new type of hyaluron where it contains multiple size molecules most useful in the skin. The other ingredients are a combination of anti-inflammatories and antioxidants with some of them promoting healing and collagen production.

Ingredients:

elemis pills.jpg

Image taken from UK.ELEMIS dot com.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Just caught these claims: in 8 wks. hydration improved by 190% (!!!), firmness 41%, elasticity 34%, crows feet diminished 20%?

There is nothing that can promise that. $50 a bottle. Buyer be beware.

Topicals that are derm proven to work take at least 6 months to a year to show signs of improvement. 

Water will give you most of the hydration needed, moisturizers do wonders, retinols and sunscreen...the only products proven by derms, to even then, not ERASE signs of aging. 

Which topicals are you referring to?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

What are your thoughts on this product @SilleeMee ?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

I think for the most part it looks to me that the 'special' ingredient,  ExceptionHYAL Star, is the 'active ingredient' in it. Just from looking at the label it seems that's what you would be paying for...a special kind of HA. I've never taken that kind but I have taken other multi-weight HA supps. They seem to help with my joints and also help keep my skin from drying out plus since I have eye floaters the HA supps reduce those for me, too. My HA supps don't seem to reduce wrinkles but who knows b/c I do so many other things that they might actually be doing something for my skin. Hard to say for sure.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I am wondering the same thing. I take collegian in my coffee every day and know it has helped with joint pain. Last week I picked up collegian tablets at Costco. The bottle says six a day but since I already take it in my coffee I have only been taking two a day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MG Chris wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I am wondering the same thing. I take collegian in my coffee every day and know it has helped with joint pain. Last week I picked up collegian tablets at Costco. The bottle says six a day but since I already take it in my coffee I have only been taking two a day.

@MG Chris 

The ELEMIS TSV pills is not a collagen supp. There is no collagen in it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   lol  I pretty much aged before anti-aging became the big sell it is today.  Although I don't know her source, a friend sent me this statistic recently: people born between 1930 and 1946 make up only 1% of the US population.   She and I were both born before the US entered WWII, so I'm right in that group. 

I'm very pleased by the improvements 4 solid months with nothing but straight argon oil has made, but I don't expect more without surgery, and that's never been on my bucket list.  It's fine with me to be a one-percenter even though my rank doesn't mean money - it does mean I'm alive.    

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    I drank out of the Fountain of Youth, St. Augustine.    (It didn't work)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao   Topicals are mentioned in my post.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree. I would never take such a supplement for all the reasons mentioned.

I've used Elemis products for 7 years and when I see this kind of product being sold with a wide-eyed awestruck presentation, it greatly diminishes the credibilty of Elemis for me. I also immediately disregard any testimonial by anyone who received a free sample of anything.

I am finding over time that there are some Elemis products that are very effective and enhance the appearance of my skin and some I react to that takes weeks to recover from. That's a lot of embarrassing recovery time and shipping fees spent hoping a product is compatible.

I have been considering moving on to a more natural and straightforward line of skincare. Now may be the time.