Honored Contributor

Really? Supplements and/or creams play on insecurities. Hyaluronic acid is wonderful when applied topically. I'm fairly sure if ingested, wrinkles and deep lines will still be there in the 8 wks. promised. 

Any supplements taken should be checked with your physician. Complications with other medications or medical conditions are quite dangerous. 

These cosmetic companies play on our insecurities. If these "pills" were so ground breaking, they wouldn't need to sell on Q. 

Have we found ANYTHING anti-aging yet?

Honored Contributor

I hate when supplements are over-played, over-hyped, and say they'll perform miracles. People need to be smarter.

Esteemed Contributor

If people didn't fall for the hype, companies wouldn't sell these things. There will always be gullible people out there, so I can't really blame others for taking advantage of them. People need to be smarter, but they aren't. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Just caught these claims: in 8 wks. hydration improved by 190% (!!!), firmness 41%, elasticity 34%, crows feet diminished 20%?

There is nothing that can promise that. $50 a bottle. Buyer be beware.

Topicals that are derm proven to work take at least 6 months to a year to show signs of improvement. 

Water will give you most of the hydration needed, moisturizers do wonders, retinols and sunscreen...the only products proven by derms, to even then, not ERASE signs of aging. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If it were so easy, we would all look young just by popping a pill.  I would never buy a supplement from a cosmetic company.  It feels like the latest gimmick and I feel for the people who would spend their hard earned money on things like this.

Trusted Contributor

Saw the presentation last night and thought about the same as what has been said here. But there are some folks that will always hope for a magic pill. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I did not see the presentation but I feel that way about ALL supplements.  I see some value in a multi vitamin and a couple of other vitamins but when I read about how many supplements some people take I shake my head.  Unless recommended by a doctor after blood work, I see no value in all the supplements that are being sold.

Trusted Contributor

The price for these is crazy. I've taken collagen peptides powder supplements for years and initially started them for knee mobility issues following knee replacement surgery; and mobility got better. My skin has always been pretty good but maybe the peptides have helped? I'm not sure, and at 68 I have a few wrinkles and lines from being a sun worshipper as a kid.

I know that many take collagen as a beauty skincare supplement. How are these different and better, for the price being charged?

I like Elemis collagen cream and have given it to my nieces who love it. I just don't get the hype for this particular product.

But I hope everyone who orders and receives it is happy. If it works,that's fantastic!

Trusted Contributor

I take multiple supplements for HEALTH conditions...recommended by my physician.  Not by someone pushing their skin care line.  But that is me.  I guess we all decide what we will spend our money on...skin care...clothing...supplements...etc..

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Really? Supplements and/or creams play on insecurities. Hyaluronic acid is wonderful when applied topically. I'm fairly sure if ingested, wrinkles and deep lines will still be there in the 8 wks. promised. 

Any supplements taken should be checked with your physician. Complications with other medications or medical conditions are quite dangerous. 

These cosmetic companies play on our insecurities. If these "pills" were so ground breaking, they wouldn't need to sell on Q. 

Have we found ANYTHING anti-aging yet?

I'm not really into too much anti aging -but I do think staying out of the sun, drinking lots of water, cleaner diet, and maybe some retinol...otherwise youthful looks as we age are mostly genetics.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it