Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR POST NAMES/NICKNAMES

WOW! I love that all of you are keeping this going....so interesting to me. ❤️

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Mine from my son's favorite chidlren's book, Sheilaray The Brave. It's story about a little mosue who was so brave she would walk backwards down the sidewalk and under ladders. in fact, he used to call me Sheilaray sometitmes instead of Mommy. I had to change it to Sheilarey because apparently, Sheilaray was already taken (i've been on these boards a long time).

Frequent Contributor

I love love love glitter. So my friends used to say I was so

sparkly. Few years later my friends three year old daughter was sitting with us and we were talking about how I was so sparkly. Back in the day. Her daughter couldn't say sparkly so she said I was spackley. From.then on everyone said im so spackley.

Regular Contributor

Mine is a nickname that I had in college. It's based on my last name. No one has used it in over 20 years but I guess that somehow I always thought it suited me and held on to it.
Respected Contributor

My nickname is taken from my beautiful, lovable cat that passed over the rainbow bridge at 19 yrs. old. I now have 2 furbabykittens who are sisters that are 6 months old. It took 3 yrs. before We could think of having more. They are 2 beauties and so lovable as well.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella I love the way kittens scamper....

Honored Contributor

@SPACKLE That's a cute origin. When my kids were young they couldn't say my friend's name Sharon & called her Shammy. Now they're in mid-40's and she's in her early 70's and all of us still call her Shammy.