Honored Contributor
On 10/3/2014 WillEscapeCAsoon said:

Enjoy life and stop fretting about what was but can no longer be.

I hate to tell you this, but that IS life.

Honored Contributor

I still have the real original Tova. I won't buy anymore now that it is changed. Always received compliments when wearing it. I bought the mascara when it came back last year or early this year, and it isn't the same either. I agree with the poster than said Philosophy has been ruined too.

Super Contributor

So did Q ruin Philosophy ? I bought A-GRACE 16 years ago in Saks and the scent was anything but Saks..it was in it's own little corner with the most snotty salesperson ever.

JUST NOT MY KIND OF SERVICE OR PRODUCT--But TOVA is still got me vote.

Super Contributor

Yes, it's definitely not exactly the same as the original. I went to other lovely fragrances, but still found I still longed for my signature Tova. After what seems like a few re-mixes to get it right, I'm okay with it now. Close enough.

I still get respectfully stopped all the time by men and women when I wear it. "Excuse me, what is your fragrance?"

Super Contributor

All I can say is my mom beamed on the 1st and the scent was so clean yet rich. When it was possible of change maybe thousands got the new and thousands got the new/original. GOSH

I again will never think Tova was a part of it's change. Q then might be to blame for the removal of CACTINE-Ect---BUT I HEAR IT IS COMING BACK AS WELL- Love the CACTINE BAR-

Super Contributor

I bought some a few years ago when it was supposedly "back", which in the end it wasn't...but I still think even now it smells wonderful. I really will always wonder what I missed. It's pretty lacking on her part not to fight for this since it is suppose to be her legacy. Not bashing, but maybe she has just changed, the woman acts so weird, I mean she is truly peculiar. Could be she doesnt know any better now.

Super Contributor

Well, isn't katkitty a wealth of information. But she neglected to mention a couple of things that came straight out of Tova's mouth when she could no longer mass produce the original Tova Signature Fragrance.

Mainly, her source for the largest main ingredient which gave it that "special" scent that it no longer has quadrupled in price per ounce, and shortly within that same year the Asian market decided not to sell to her and/or other American companies (and/or others) buying it to produce their fragrances.

Therefore, without the best and major ingredient, it can't and won't ever again be duplicated.

And with all of your whining, crying, and bellyaching, there is NO ONE more angry, hurt, and suffering more than the Tova Corporation itself. Do you really think Tova would in any method cut off her nose to spite her face when she was beginning to make a handsome profit and was on her way to the yellow brick road in sales ?

This woman nearly sold her soul to the devil trying to please all of QVC's screaming customer's nagging her to get back the original scent when she knew she never could make the people happy and her reputation was in the toilet.

I for one,am very proud of her for all she did just to produce the replacement scent to allow her to continue to produce an award winning fragrance. And if you had never known of the first scent you probably would adore the second, but no, you can't be grateful for how she tried to recover it for you. Can you imagine what it may have cost her to get it back to us in any form ?? Her name took a real beating, much less a couple of year's with a huge decline in income suddenly. I'm sure her Corporation failed. She came back with as good as she could do at her age no less ! And it's not horrible ! You whiner's are just spoiled !

BTW, as she said and any perfumer can tell you, you can't "save" the original scent, as ALL fragrances will turn sour and into alcohol and break down into other by-products after a certain length of time. Plus, they evaporate. They aren't meant to last long and aren't hermetically sealed. Best to go on and use it before you loose it !

It is also said that no one is ever suppose to wear the same fragrance forever, as most of us do anyway, because every 8-10 years our entire body chemistry completely changes so what once smell's good on us will change drastically anyway, responding to chemical and hormonal changes the body goes through throughout this period and time of change.

But we can't tell the change in how a scent smells on us because we can't smell the changes in our own bodies

natural scent, so only other people can notice how a fragrance changes on us.

So, it's not just a sales ploy from perfume companies enticing us to buy new fragrances so often after all.

Smile

Regular Contributor

I have the current version and I love it! I never have ever tried the original and maybe that is ok, although I can tell you I am a curious person... My curiosity right now is, has Tova bought back her company from QVC and if so can you provide a link for me to read? For some reason I want to know. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Contributor

I agree. When they changed the formula I stopped buying it.

Now I buy the Tova (type) at Pittsburgh Street soapworks and believe it or not I am getting tons of compliments. A 2 oz. bottle is $12.50. I usually buyl 4 at a time so I get the free shipping.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Qlady100 wrote:

Well, isn't katkitty a wealth of information. But she neglected to mention a couple of things that came straight out of Tova's mouth when she could no longer mass produce the original Tova Signature Fragrance.

Mainly, her source for the largest main ingredient which gave it that "special" scent that it no longer has quadrupled in price per ounce, and shortly within that same year the Asian market decided not to sell to her and/or other American companies (and/or others) buying it to produce their fragrances.

Therefore, without the best and major ingredient, it can't and won't ever again be duplicated.

And with all of your whining, crying, and bellyaching, there is NO ONE more angry, hurt, and suffering more than the Tova Corporation itself. Do you really think Tova would in any method cut off her nose to spite her face when she was beginning to make a handsome profit and was on her way to the yellow brick road in sales ?

This woman nearly sold her soul to the devil trying to please all of QVC's screaming customer's nagging her to get back the original scent when she knew she never could make the people happy and her reputation was in the toilet.

I for one,am very proud of her for all she did just to produce the replacement scent to allow her to continue to produce an award winning fragrance. And if you had never known of the first scent you probably would adore the second, but no, you can't be grateful for how she tried to recover it for you. Can you imagine what it may have cost her to get it back to us in any form ?? Her name took a real beating, much less a couple of year's with a huge decline in income suddenly. I'm sure her Corporation failed. She came back with as good as she could do at her age no less ! And it's not horrible ! You whiner's are just spoiled !

BTW, as she said and any perfumer can tell you, you can't "save" the original scent, as ALL fragrances will turn sour and into alcohol and break down into other by-products after a certain length of time. Plus, they evaporate. They aren't meant to last long and aren't hermetically sealed. Best to go on and use it before you loose it !

It is also said that no one is ever suppose to wear the same fragrance forever, as most of us do anyway, because every 8-10 years our entire body chemistry completely changes so what once smell's good on us will change drastically anyway, responding to chemical and hormonal changes the body goes through throughout this period and time of change.

But we can't tell the change in how a scent smells on us because we can't smell the changes in our own bodies

natural scent, so only other people can notice how a fragrance changes on us.

So, it's not just a sales ploy from perfume companies enticing us to buy new fragrances so often after all.

Smile

OMG, Now here is an example of a rude post Bling Queen and others ! The first sentence is dripping with sarcasm.

Then Tova's age is referred to !!

Can't believe the mods even left this up here !    Woman Surprised