Trusted Contributor
On 10/3/2014 Judaline said:

I can't stand Coco Chanel. Almost makes me sick. People said that the new Tova smells like Raid. They haven't smelled the original Tova I guess. Raid isn't sweet. I am so thru with Tova. I'm not whining, but something needed to be said. OP said it. Simple as that. Yep, there are other things, enjoy life and all that. But right now we're talking about what used to be, a perfume we loved, which is now gone into the vintage fragrances we'll never smell again. So be it. It was nice while it 'lasted.'

It was the original TOVA that to me smelled like Raid. I purchased a bottle when it made its debut on QVC MANY years ago. As far as the "newer" original version.......I don't know because I never purchased a bottle of that.

Super Contributor

Tova is the last remaining DIAMOND on QVC USA.....I am again begging you to experience Tova and if you feel it is not original or what was then make it new.

I spent Oct 1 with my beautiful Mom and she smelt so pretty, asking her what it was she said Tova which I had given to her at Christmas....I had forgot how pretty TOVA was and I can say it was original.

All of the great fragrances and I MEAN ALL HAVE CHANGED ...Due to the above post, yet Tova survived.

plus what do you really expect when QVC allows other fragrance ,and beauty to have prime time showing and insult us with TOVA at 2 am. I was outraged at how unfair ,and simply tacky this was.

Tova loves her work and it is always a pleasure to see style . Style is so lacking anymore with Q- SADLY I was gasping when I saw those shoes advertised as Tova was standing and looking so amazing....LOL

Super Contributor

I was refering to changes in formula and how it was law that some ingredients be dropped.

COCO was the first to be altered..YEP Chanel reformulated it, and no where does CHANEL have a site that allows you to voice an opinion in how it affected you.

Here I blame QVC for having a forum..YET NEGLECTING US about TOVA- I LOVE IT AS IT IS..I truly think in all the confusing TOVA changing years we lost a sense of what TOVA truly is.

I love COCO----But I LOVE TOVA TOO-

Trusted Contributor

Thankfully my Coco Chanel has NOT changed formulas. I get it from overseas, and there they do not outlaw or restrict the oils. It is because of this, I will continue to purchase mine that way. I get it every year when I am on my cruises. The Coco Chanel they sell on cruise ships and in Grand Cayman, are all imported from Europe.

Super Contributor
On 10/3/2014 NiteStar said:

Thankfully my Coco Chanel has NOT changed formulas. I get it from overseas, and there they do not outlaw or restrict the oils. It is because of this, I will continue to purchase mine that way. I get it every year when I am on my cruises. The Coco Chanel they sell on cruise ships and in Grand Cayman, are all imported from Europe.

The EU is where the IFRA was originated (and is still located in the EU) and they (EU) were the first to abide by these rulings and regulations. So, your perfume from the EU and on the cruise ships has changed. There is no more Original anything in major venues, or duty free shops, unless by chance you are able to find some from secondary markets, or private sale, in which they are very, very scarce even in those markets. Maybe private sale on Ebay.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/3/2014 katkitty said:

The EU is where the IFRA was originated (and is still located in the EU) and they (EU) were the first to abide by these rulings and regulations. So, your perfume from the EU and on the cruise ships has changed. There is no more Original anything in major venues, or duty free shops, unless by chance you are able to find some from secondary markets, or private sale, in which they are very, very scarce even in those markets. Maybe private sale on Ebay.

It has not changed and I know this for a fact. However I'm not going to argue about it. As long as I know it hasn't changed, I don't feel the need to convince someone else.

I hope all you ladies who loved the original TOVA find something else you love just as much. Everyone should have a fragrance they adore. Smile

Super Contributor

It has not changed and I know this for a fact. However I'm not going to argue about it. As long as I know it hasn't changed, I don't feel the need to convince someone else.

I hope all you ladies who loved the original TOVA find something else you love just as much. Everyone should have a fragrance they adore. Smile

No problem here but I agree that changes have been made to COCO--and it was EU that began this as stated. I think your very lucky to still buy original COCO CHANEL- But one day you will not find it,unless CHANEL is creating it just for you and breaking a law. I studied it as hard as I did Tova and bought some from every port I could find and It was still very pretty and a classic Chanel but I do have an original and the original's tell the truth.

I am happy you still find the original and by calling CHANEL they will reinforce your trust.

Super Contributor

I'm not arguing with anyone and don't plan to. I simply stated fact. The EU is where the regs first originated and were enforced. If you are happy with your perfume, that's wonderful.

Valued Contributor

luvtoshopathome, I could have written your post word for word as my experience w/the ORIGINAL Tova was the same as yours.

After the formula was changed, I stopped buying it for a few years. Then when Tova herself along w/the show hosts implied if not outright stated that this scent was now back to the original formula I believed them. I was fooled twice-----it won't happen again.

Super Contributor

Ok can anyone show me an article on TOVA bankrupt and thus giving Q the open door to buy,and reformulate ?

The Tova I know is not a lie. Tova is never been one to be pushed around and The Tova I know is doing a great job in presentation ,and again if anyone MADE me go on live at 2 am to only have an hour to promote a classic fragrance It better have it's original juice.

Tova would never let anyone push or pull her into any arena to Lie.

To see the UK get the BEST OF TOVA shows me we let her down here in the US instead of getting together and getting more out of Q on the reality of the authentic TOVA.

Any memory I have of the first time I smelt Tova is the same today.....as it was over 25 years ago. My own mother was sad around the time of the outrage over Tova like in 08 but she now feels it is the original...Did Q buy Tova Borgnine's name , or was it the juice ?