Honored Contributor

Re: YBF Eyebrow Pencil

[ Edited ]

I do not like that YBF pencil.  Like IT's pencil, it is rock hard, dries out fast, is difficult to get on and imo...looks unnatural unless one has very full brows.

I prefer gels or  Benefit Gimme Brow.  Smashbox in the pot is nice as is Tarte's.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I HATED YBF eye brow pencil!!  The worst piece of ****** I've ever used.  I ordered the blonde shade.  It skips, crumbles and the lead broke.  When I used my spooley to swipe off the crumbs, the whole thing came off.  I only have a half brow, very sparse, and the the rest is skin.   I complained, and threw it out.  Wasn't even worth the hassle to the P.O.  After trying a few other pencils, I go back to Avon, Luxury pencil.  It's a harder lead which gets sharpened, and goes on great, and lasts all day...through sweat too.   My flea market sells them for $2  bucks!!   Nice blonde shade for my fair skin, and platinum and blonde hair...not orangey.

It does skip, it's too hard, it dries out and it does crumble.  Other $1.00 pencils at Walmart work better imo.

I like gels and those brush on ones.

Valued Contributor

I love the YBF eyebrow pencil. I find it very easy to use, and applies smoothly.  I am sorry that your experience is much different than mine.  I personally have a hard time buying makeup from Amazon, you never know how long something has been sitting around or if it was opened. But that is my choice, and not a judgement on anyone.

When I receive my autoship from HSN, they are wrapped in shrunk wrapped plastic (like eyebrow pencils at the drugstore, very secure) and in a cardboard box.  The romance card is included. They are $10/ea on their site.

Valued Contributor

I love the YBF eyebrow pencil. FYI, I am a brunette. I find it very easy to use, and applies smoothly.  I am sorry that your experience is much different than mine.  I personally have a hard time buying makeup from Amazon, you never know how long something has been sitting around or if it was opened. But that is my choice, and not a judgement on anyone.

When I receive my autoship from HSN, they are wrapped in shrink wrapped plastic (like eyebrow pencils at the drugstore, very secure) and in a cardboard box.  The romance card is included. They are $10/ea on their site.  I do not have manufacturer information handy, but a lot of current makeup manufacturers ahve products that come out of Korea (like IT, I believe but maybe that was another product I saw on air during FNB).

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I HATED YBF eye brow pencil!!  The worst piece of ****** I've ever used.  I ordered the blonde shade.  It skips, crumbles and the lead broke.  When I used my spooley to swipe off the crumbs, the whole thing came off.  I only have a half brow, very sparse, and the the rest is skin.   I complained, and threw it out.  Wasn't even worth the hassle to the P.O.  After trying a few other pencils, I go back to Avon, Luxury pencil.  It's a harder lead which gets sharpened, and goes on great, and lasts all day...through sweat too.   My flea market sells them for $2  bucks!!   Nice blonde shade for my fair skin, and platinum and blonde hair...not orangey.

YBF doesn't make a 'blonde' pencil.

Honored Contributor

I always have great eyebrows ever since I discovered YBF eyebrow pencils way back when Stacey sold them under a different name on the Q. The trick for it to go on smoothly and stay on all day is I use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer. When I apply my primer I use it over my eyelids and up over my eyebrow area. Then I apply my eyebrow pencil. Perfection! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

Well, I tried the YBF eyebrow pencil for the 1st time yesterday.  My eyebrows are still slightly black with some gray.  My hair is mostly silver.

Since I have never used a brow pencil of any type I have nothing to compare it to but that being said it did not really match/blend in with my eye brow colors. I started out with small light strokes as suggested

It went on smoothly but I really don't think it's the right type/color for my eyebrows. The brush end was very good IMO

Maybe the gel type?  Back to my research .....

Thanks,

Teddy

Honored Contributor

@Teddy55 wrote:

Well, I tried the YBF eyebrow pencil for the 1st time yesterday.  My eyebrows are still slightly black with some gray.  My hair is mostly silver.

Since I have never used a brow pencil of any type I have nothing to compare it to but that being said it did not really match/blend in with my eye brow colors. I started out with small light strokes as suggested

It went on smoothly but I really don't think it's the right type/color for my eyebrows. The brush end was very good IMO

Thanks,

Teddy

The gels are nice.  They look natural.  I think if one has thin brows, the pencils look unnatural.  I've never been a fan of the YBF pencil, and I think it's totally overrated.  Any pencil will go on lighter or darker depending upon how hard one presses on it.  There's nothing magical about this pencil at all.  It dries out and crumbles.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Teddy55 wrote:

Thanks,

Teddy

The gels are nice.  They look natural.  I think if one has thin brows, the pencils look unnatural.  I've never been a fan of the YBF pencil, and I think it's totally overrated.  Any pencil will go on lighter or darker depending upon how hard one presses on it.  There's nothing magical about this pencil at all.  It dries out and crumbles.

You're absolutely right that any pencil can be 'universal'. I don't have the patience to control the PSI in my hand! And I don't find pencils, in general, to look natural as you're coloring your skin...I think building on what little you may have with a powder or a fiber (love the gimme brow) and then finishing with a gel looks best.

If I had no brows whatsoever I might try laying down the fiber first and building upon that.

Trusted Contributor

I like the YBF pencils alright.  They are a little too dark for me so I need to be careful not to press too hard.

I'm just surprised that it is being sold for so much on Amazon when they can be purchased for so much less elsewhere.  I'd personally return it and buy a 2-pack for $20 or whatever they sell for at HSN, but that's just me.