Honored Contributor

I think I must be the only one who does not like her eye pencil. On me, it looks super unnatural and it's too harsh and hard to get on.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 10/19/2014 winamac1 said:

I think I must be the only one who does not like her eye pencil. On me, it looks super unnatural and it's too harsh and hard to get on.

Count me in........the "lead" seems too firm, and the "one color for all" just doesn't work for me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I use Anastasia Brow Wiz (it's on sale right now at Nordstrom). I've never had any problems with it and it lasts a long time.

Contributor

Love the YBF pencils! I've tried a number of other pencils, pomades and powders, always come back to this one.

ps - go hawks! Though they are ticking me off these last two weeks...

Trusted Contributor

I think it's on sale longer because I bought it yesterday morning (before I saw this post). Either way, it couldn't have come at a better time! I just used up my last one on Saturday. I notice such a huge difference in my brows without it! I couldn't be without it another day!

Hopefully it will be here soon!

Valued Contributor

I loved them when they were Models Prefer! I bought some YBF and the second one was a "hard" one. It is so completely opposite of all the other ones I've used for years. I am going to keep trying to soften it up, but so far no luck. They are the best I've ever used and I don't want to change - unless the rest of this batch is hard. There is a difference!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

I love the YBF eyepencil. I've never purchased it on its own, only used what came in kits. I never had a problem with the lead falling out or with it being too firm. But as a blonde, I do have to be careful not to press too hard or the brows are too dark.

I have used IT and IMO the pencils are not the same. The concept is the same but my IT pencil was in fact way too hard and therefore, I had to press really hard to get any color, which them made my brows too dark.

Personally though, I have found really nice brow products in the drugstores for a lot less money.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/21/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I love the YBF eyepencil. I've never purchased it on its own, only used what came in kits. I never had a problem with the lead falling out or with it being too firm. But as a blonde, I do have to be careful not to press too hard or the brows are too dark.

I have used IT and IMO the pencils are not the same. The concept is the same but my IT pencil was in fact way too hard and therefore, I had to press really hard to get any color, which them made my brows too dark.

Personally though, I have found really nice brow products in the drugstores for a lot less money.

This has been my experience, too. Love the ybf pencil and couldn't use the IT.

Just recently picked up a Milani brow marker, though, and can't believe how much I like it. It might replace the ybf for me.

Esteemed Contributor

They were much better pencils when they were Models Prefer. I bought 5 when she closed her website. Now they are gone & the new ones break & don't apply as nicely. I had to find something new.

Valued Contributor
I like this pencil, too. Thanks 4 the heads-up.Smiley Happy