Respected Contributor

I love it! Out of all the self tanners I have ever bought, this is the self tanner of my dreams!

I am fair, but when I used to tan, I would turn an olive bronze: and that's exactly what I got with this.

We hosted a party this weekend and people complimented my tan while chastising me for Sun bathing!

Of course, I confessed....I get 3-4 days out of it- and I moisturize every day.

I watched a YouTube video and I wondered what I'd gotten myself into, but it does dry pretty quickly.

The directions say it takes 2-3 hours to develop: that's about right. They also tell you to shower when it's where you want it....so far, I did not do that and nothing cataclysmic happened.

There was no streaking, and while it did not make spider veins dissappear, but it greatly diminished them.

I will not use self tanners of any kind on my face, and I did not try this. That being said, I do like IT bronzing, but the most beautiful look on my face that makes everything cohesive is Charlotte Tilbury's Golden Glow palette-and that palette can be worn by any age.

I bought the Xen Tan here on Q, but it sounds as if they may have varying shades so you might want to look into it further if you have questions.

The Ordinary does offer a self tanning oil which I think I will order. They are quick when it comes to skin care, but it sounds like they can't keep up with the foundations which seem to be the big demand item.

This is OT, but let's give them a chance: it's a young company, but the science is there....and they have heart-and lots of it. I love their premise that anybody can afford them. BUT, make no mistake, no cheap ingredients-all high end....I am hoping they expand to color cosmetics......

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

And the smell??? The self tanner smell is what always turns me off, thanks

Respected Contributor

....no smell...

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Years ago HSN sold Xen Tan and I got turned onto it. It was by far my favorite at that time. Their color seemed to be longer lasting on me. Glad that you like it.