Trusted Contributor

Wrinkles showing, using very light makeup

I clean, tone and moisturize every morning and night. I have always had normal skin, I use SIgnature Club A Aragon daily....the make up i use is mineral makeup but what I am noticing is every single line is showing up. I actually am beginning to think my face looks better with just cream on it. I am almost 48 and live in Florida my whole life, so I have a pretty good but if sun damage. I do wear a hat outside and use sunscreen when I am out in the sun, I must confess though I never really put sunscreen on daily, before makeup until recently.

I guess I wonder what I can do to stop the look of dryness even though my skin seems normal without makeup. Should I go to a cream makeup? Use a different kind of makeup? In the sunlight today I really noticed how badly everything is showing on my face.

Any suggestions?
Super Contributor

Re: Wrinkles showing, using very light makeup

it could be the mineral make up. I had the same experience, where all of the sudden, mineral powder foundation was not my friend. I switched to a gel foundation by Bare Minerals.

Respected Contributor

If you have a liquid foundation or BB that's a good match, try this. After your sunscreen, try mixing your moisturizer and the foundation, 50-50, in your hand and apply like you would moisturizer.  You get the softening of lines from the moisturizer but a little bit of coverage and color.

Honored Contributor

Excellent! Post, 58 people often say when finding out my age, Oh you look 40's. That's whole other topic! Never been obsessed with aging. Always cleansed moisturizer protected. Like you, Little makeup. Actually less makeup on me looks better. Recently purchased IT 55 SPF CC Cream, Love this!!! Multi tasker. Suggest watching the video. Did try Celebration Foundation, To drying. IT recent TSV exactly what I needed! So pleased! Find CC cream gives me enough coverage my skin looks healthy natural. By the way! IT Spring eye quad love also! Never was huge eye shadow wearer. But find using this gives my drooping eye lid natural lift, Quickly and last all day. Shades are lovely. Bye Bye pores sets everything without looking powdery. Came in the TSV along with perfect blush. Hope this helps. Best way to know is order try for yourself. End with this, Best makeup! Healthy skin. My hair salt n pepper started having issues almost gave up! Thought about dying my hair. Took 3yrs grow my hair long didn't want to go back coloring. Tried WEN! Life changing!!!!! My hair is beautiful! Actually changed shade luminescent taupe. Long locks look healthy. Bamboo Restorative Treatment CC HG! IT Spf CC cream, I'll  never be without. Good luck! 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions! I bet this maybe a silly question but what is the difference between CC and BB cream? I am going to try these suggestions. Also, when you wear makeup do reapply during the day at work? I often just want to put lotion on and not mess with reapplying or touching up my makeup. It really was never a big deal to me but lately it is bothering me, I work in sales recruiting people to attend a trade school and meet with people all day, I want to look my best and feel as though my current skin/makeup changes need a boost. Thanks again!
Frequent Contributor

I am 47 and have noticed that mineral makeup make a my fine lines show, too. I find that using a primer before putting on makeup does help, but the only a little. I think switching to a liquid or cream will work for you. I like the bare minerals liquid serum foundation and also the it cc cream, but since they are liquids. Neither really feel good in very hot weather. On the hottest of days, I either go without face makeup (just a swipe of lipstick and a light application of mascara).
Respected Contributor

I've been using mineral make ups for years (BE and Smashbox Halo), because I grew to hate the feel of liquid make up on my skin.  A couple of weeks ago I got the Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer, which I love, with a TINT.  I had never seen that one offered.  It's gorgeous.   It give me good moisture, AND, it gives the slightest tint to your skin.  I use it with concealer, and I think it's much more flattering.  Not sure it would work for everyone, but for my coloring, it does.  It goes on clear, and you hardly notice anything at all.  Very subtle.

Regular Contributor

Im 50 -used BE loose powder for years until i discovered what youre saying around 43. Went back to liquids and creams never found a HG , but Josie Maran matchmaker is pretty good. Recently decided I want to go back to minerals and have experimented with other brands. I really like the results! For me, I moisturize very well morning and night, gentle exfoliation is important as well. But putting on a drop or two of facial oil before i work in the minerals makes all the difference keeping them out of the lines. I set w damp beauty blender. Sounds long and involved but works quickly doesnt add any extra time. Then i go back and conceal with a cream concealer-the days of using minerals under the eye are gone for sure! Maybe different minerals and a fresh technique would help- nothing looks as natural and I love the fact that its a cleaner product. good luck!

Regular Contributor

PS- drinking alot of water is imperative-keeps skin plumped up. 80% of your body weight in ounces a day is a good rule of thumb. Very importantSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Everyone's experience is different. IT CC Cream, Truly multi tasker. That's why recommend you watch Jamie explain the products this one product replaces. For the longest time searched for perfect concealer! TSV recently came with a new version of bye bye concealer, Omy!!! Incredible! Brightens and Conceals. Use tinyest amount. Size of pin for both eyes. Mainly in corner where dark shadow. Really!! Works. Can't comment on the original bye bye concealer, However reviews highly rated. Like so many used BE for years! No longer can, Bismuth itches my face. In fact! Ordered IT bronzer matte illuminating my face itched like crazy!!! Looked at the ingredients, Sure enough mica & bismuth, Returned along with Celebration Foundation. Not sure the difference between CC & BB creams. For me I'm sticking with IT Spf CC cream. By the way! Love the fact tube has a pump. Use my fingers, Tap only in the area needed, Think brush wastes product. Keep checking back see what you decided trying. Remember! Keep it simple.