Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wrinkles! Gotta Love 'em??

I'm 100% ok with my wrinkles. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MakeUpMaidn 

Covid? I didn't know you had covid!  I am so sorry 😢 

Was it maybe around May 2nd when you got sick? That's when I went in for my knee surgery and came home on the 4th. They kept me an extra day.. 

I did better with this knee replacement that my first one. Now, when I woke up after surgery with my first knee replacement I was all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed but after I got home I was in major major pain for weeks. This time I woke up in recovery  screaming in pain but recovery has been much much better.  There were some scheduling glitches and I didn't get to start physical therapy for one week post-op. That's not good I should have been in there two days after getting home. Also physical therapy is proving to be quite painful. I couldn't figure out at first why and after my second PT appointment I figured it out. I have sciatica on that side so my whole left lower quadrant is compromised, and painful if I do anything out of the ordinary.  Unfortunately I'm having to triple my Neurontin intake. There is really no way getting around strengthening the knee without hurting the sciatica. Post-op follow up with surgeon tomorrow.  

Tretinoin... no issues whatsoever. It's made me wonder if it's even doing anything but I know, it takes months or even a year to work. It's just that without any side effects I was wondering if it was doing anything at all. One time I had one flake at the corner of my nose and I know it was the Tret because I've never had flaking on my face in the past. Other than that nothing.  I didn't need a Derm to get my tretinoin. My regular doctor just called in the prescription and when I ask for a stronger percentage, he called that in as well.

" busier than a one-armed paper hanger"... I haven't heard that in a long time 😁  I'm glad you're feeling better 💕

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 

Me too! I earned every one of them!

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

I got what I got.  No problem here, I earned them.  And what is soooo disturbing is I rarely  watch QVC but when I tune in there is always a wrinkle product on the screen------ some skin fix.  You would think they would have something better to do with their on air time.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The sun ages the skin more than anything else and then add the factor of being old and you've got accelerated aging.

@SilleeMee  I agree with you 100%.  It's the sun that does it. I see all these young kids playing in the sun in sunny South Florida and just say to myself "oh boy, your in for it".

Their skin is like a porcelain china doll but the damage is being done day after day while they are in it.

I swear if I had a little kid I would make it wear a hat. lol.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe it's also the build we have.  If your thin than most likely you will lose volume.

If your on the heavy side your face will be better  but the skin under the face, i.e. the neck will be hanging down.

And most importantly it's the cheek bones.  I forgot about this.

If yours are high then you are very lucky.  Mine are.  PS mentioned this to me that it's a big plus. 

I think those crazy looking ladies with  over filled faces have low cheekbones.  I think the injector has to over compensate and not the best candidate for this. Hence they look so puffy lower down.  Just looks odd to me at least.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 

I live at high altitude here in Colorado. We get (at least) 15% more damaging UV from the sun up here than places at sea level. It would be foolish to go out under the sun w/o sun protection. But I did just that when I was younger. We didn't know better back in those days but it sure was fun.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  Yep, so did I.....  I figured something out in my mid twenties and got out.  I feel the damage was done.

I have a problem with SPF as it always makes me break out.  Such sensitive skin I tell you, it's a curse.  So I avoid at all cosrs.

Next Cool peel first week of June.  This will be 3.  I'm definitely lighter in skin i.e. meaning redness,

I have had a few pimples that came out which I never had in years but I read this is normal.  

Ok, at this point I think I need 5 treatments. lol.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

@Goldengate8361 

Me too! I earned every one of them!

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I earned all my wrinkles AND gray hairs!!