Honored Contributor

@2penny wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wish I could find a 'wrinkle remover cream'! The closest thing I found is Retin-A and I layer it my vitamin C serum for an extra boost...just don't do that when you're starting out with RA. I've been using RA for years and just recently I came across some info about boosting its benefits with VC serum. So far I like what that combination is doing. My skin looks really good...thumbs up! 

ETA- I'm 65yo 

@SilleeMee  It's so good to see you posting again!.  You were missed!  About layering with vit c.......do you apply vit c  first then RA?   Then do you also use vit c in the morning?

Thank you @2penny . I'm so happy to be back!

With layering the two products I did try it both ways and I like it better with the VC applied first and let set (maybe 5 to 10 min or so). That way it gives a bit of a 'slip' when I apply the RA on top. Then in the morning I rinse my face and re-apply the VC again. When I first started layering the VC and RA, there was a bit more flaking/peeling...a bit like when I first started using RA in the beginning except without the redness. Then the flaking started to reside after a few weeks. My skin seems to respond well to the layering...it's nice and smooth and feels really soft.

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@2penny wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wish I could find a 'wrinkle remover cream'! The closest thing I found is Retin-A and I layer it my vitamin C serum for an extra boost...just don't do that when you're starting out with RA. I've been using RA for years and just recently I came across some info about boosting its benefits with VC serum. So far I like what that combination is doing. My skin looks really good...thumbs up! 

ETA- I'm 65yo 

@SilleeMee  It's so good to see you posting again!.  You were missed!  About layering with vit c.......do you apply vit c  first then RA?   Then do you also use vit c in the morning?

Thank you @2penny . I'm so happy to be back!

With layering the two products I did try it both ways and I like it better with the VC applied first and let set (maybe 5 to 10 min or so). That way it gives a bit of a 'slip' when I apply the RA on top. Then in the morning I rinse my face and re-apply the VC again. When I first started layering the VC and RA, there was a bit more flaking/peeling...a bit like when I first started using RA in the beginning except without the redness. Then the flaking started to reside after a few weeks. My skin seems to respond well to the layering...it's nice and smooth and feels really soft.

@SilleeMee  thank you.  I'm glad too that you've recovered!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Wrinkle remover cream

[ Edited ]

I think my eye cream was doing a pretty good job. Oh my, it worked so well on my wrinkles, I could tell a real difference within a week.
What it doesn't so much for is puffiness and dark circles, so I pair it with an eye cream that takes care of those. I am willing to pay for it and pair it with another eye cream because it's worth it for how well it works on those crow's feet and the lines under and around my eyes. You don't need much, a little goes a long way, just dot it gently around in the wrinkles and be amazed.

Honored Contributor

I know this is not correct to say but  my mom in her 90s smoked a lot and has very good skin yet. Not perfect. But good and only used a moisturizer at night

i have very sensitive skin like my dad and if I use any vit c or e or anything like that often my skin is red and awful for days

So be careful, start at low levels and try one thing until you see how your skin feels.