Honored Contributor

Re: Wow!! I Can't Believe This Fantastic Brow Product is Only $4.00.

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

There's a lot of research that needs to done in the area of eyebrow enhancement until they achieve the perfect product.

@Kachina624   I have a big scar thru one eyebrow, and contrary to what "they" all claim.........NOTHING sticks to it......    

@Desertdi.  I understand.  I have a chicken pox scar in each eyebrow right at the arch.  When a pencil hits it, it goes wonky and I get a very strange shape right where it's most noticable.  At least I'm symmetrical. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Wow!!! Fantastic $4.00 Brow Product!

thanks for the heads up!  i will definitely give this a try. 

Super Contributor

@Harvard99 - just a heads up that losing the tail of your eyebrows is sometimes (emphasis sometimes) an early sign of hypothyroidism.  It might be helpful to have some bloodwork done, because it's best to catch it with early symptoms...later symptoms are very difficult. 

I certainly hope you don't have a thyroid problem, but I thought I should do this little PSA for anybody reading who is losing their eyebrow tails, just in case. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow!! I Can't Believe This Fantastic Brow Product is Only $4.00.

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

There's a lot of research that needs to done in the area of eyebrow enhancement until they achieve the perfect product.

@Kachina624   I have a big scar thru one eyebrow, and contrary to what "they" all claim.........NOTHING sticks to it......    

@Desertdi  I haven't seen your scar and I'm not a doctor or a cosmetologist but I was shocked that this really sticks and also lasts. 12 hours for me at least . It only comes off with soap or makeup remover.  With age and a chronic medical condition, I have gradually lost about a half inch of my eyebrow tails and probably 1/4 inch where each brow starts. My brows are looking like little horizontal commas!  I've tried so many products, from drugstore to highend and nothing was good enough to rebuy. The pencils got to be just a joke on me, so fake looking, wiping off if I touched my brow. The powders you mix with wax, well I had no patience for the multiple steps those took. I'm not a professional artist.

This is an easy one step, very creamy pomade that dries down and takes just a little bit of practice with a small angled brush and a spoolie.  I live in S Florida and this stays on in even high heat and humidity.  S Florida is the ultimate brow product testing zone. Maybe for $4 it's worth a shot, maybe not. The reviews are excellent for this and this proves that pricier isn't alway better.  And I know about scars.... I have a small one on my upper lip and have to be carefull with the lipsticks I buy.

Trusted Contributor

@posterchild  Thanks for the info.  Once before on here, I also read that same thing and always have my thyroid checked yearly, but it's not that. Just comes age and also another stressful, chronic medical condition. Thank you!

@posterchild wrote:

@Harvard99 - just a heads up that losing the tail of your eyebrows is sometimes (emphasis sometimes) an early sign of hypothyroidism.  It might be helpful to have some bloodwork done, because it's best to catch it with early symptoms...later symptoms are very difficult. 

I certainly hope you don't have a thyroid problem, but I thought I should do this little PSA for anybody reading who is losing their eyebrow tails, just in case. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks! Can you buy ELF in brick and mortar stores?

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99    Walmart carries ELF.    They have a shelf area, and also one of those revolving kiosks,  at my local store (which is NOT even a supercenter).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found this product at my Walmart but they only carried the med brown (which dries dark brown) and the espresso, which must dry black. The light brown I found at a differnt Wmart, so I guess they all carry differnt shades. I haven't seen the blonde shade in any Wmart. It only comes in four shades.

Eta...it dries down one shade darker than it looks in the jar. Only con I had with it.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover  Walmart has it....and you might check Target.

@PilatesLover wrote:

Thanks! Can you buy ELF in brick and mortar stores?

Honored Contributor

I passed by a new CVS in my city's downtown area and they had a whole section devoted to Elf products.

@Harvard99  thanks for posting about this. I had some points on the Elf site that were exiring soon so I placed an order tonight.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.