Respected Contributor

Wow! Doris Dalton Order 12 days later

I ordered DD's new stick foundation on March 8th.  Tracked it just a few minutes ago and it's in Georgia.  I live in Texas.  What's the hang up?  Anyone else experiencing this delay in delivery?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

Re: Wow! Doris Dalton Order 12 days later

Everything I order now takes almost 2 weeks.  It's caused me to stop ordering from QVC and looking elsewhere on line.  Faster and cheaper products and service.  It's crazy when I live in Indiana and something comes from the east coast and then crosses the state to somewhere in the middle of the country and sits there for 4 days before moving again.  Something wrong with this new system of shipping.  It never used to take over a week.

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

I ordered DD's new stick foundation on March 8th.  Tracked it just a few minutes ago and it's in Georgia.  I live in Texas.  What's the hang up?  Anyone else experiencing this delay in delivery?

Where did it originate? Some of the NE was snowed in for a few days, so if the item was located in or had to go through that area, that could cause a delay. If it started in NC and went to GA, then it could still be delayed as they make up for time with the other delayed items.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a QVC gift card last year...a week before Thanksgiving, for my sister's birthday.  Her birthday is December 17th.  I didn't receive it until almost a week after December 17th.  You can't call QVC about where is my gift card because that's handled by an outside source.  When QVC gives you the number to call this company directly, they can give very little information.  Something as simple as "when was it shipped", they couldn't tell me. 

Honored Contributor

Between the website being a mess and never fixed to the slowest shipping in the country.... QVC is going to loose a lot of customers.  

Honored Contributor

My orders ALWAYS take almost 2 weeks to get to me, sometimes even longer. That is one of many reasons I rarely order anything from QVC. In fact, I only order things I can't get eleswhere, like a good deal on WEN. No reason to pay their prices and super slow shipping when most things can be purchased elsewhere cheaper, with a discount code, no shipping and faster shipping. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My rare orders take about two weeks or longer. Always. 

Due to the higher costs in many cases and the shipping charges to me, which aren't refunded, example: $3.00 - $5.00 on a small item, I rarely shop here. Even HSN now realizes they need to refund the original shipping charges along with the purchase price.  For a while they pulled a Q on the original shipping.  Many of their items are at 'real' discount with free shipping.

I recently purchased a beautiful TSV sheet set here;  one of my best purchases in a long time with free ship.  They have a luxurious silky hand yet are cool sheets with a true shower cap DEEP pocket fitted sheet.  Strangely it's hard to find, even when a vendor claims they're deep;  And most importantly, they launder beautifully without losing the cool hand & absolutely no shrinkage.  It took 3 weeks to receive.  This is the only case I can remember receiving something from the Q which has been well worth the wait.

Regular Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

My rare orders take about two weeks or longer. Always. 

Due to the higher costs in many cases and the shipping charges to me, which aren't refunded, example: $3.00 - $5.00 on a small item, I rarely shop here. Even HSN now realizes they need to refund the original shipping charges along with the purchase price.  For a while they pulled a Q on the original shipping.  Many of their items are at 'real' discount with free shipping.

I recently purchased a beautiful TSV sheet set here;  one of my best purchases in a long time with free ship.  They have a luxurious silky hand yet are cool sheets with a true shower cap DEEP pocket fitted sheet.  Strangely it's hard to find, even when a vendor claims they're deep;  And most importantly, they launder beautifully without losing the cool hand & absolutely no shrinkage.  It took 3 weeks to receive.  This is the only case I can remember receiving something from the Q which has been well worth the wait.

I know that this is unrelated but I am very interested in knowing what sheet set you purchased or the brand name. I am in desperate need of deep pocket fitted sheets. many thanks in advance!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am trying to break my very long  QVC habit.

That is all it is,a habit and I am sure I can fully  stop shortly!!!

I have stopped watching ,so I know I can stop shopping!

I really have no reason to shop here anymore!

Honored Contributor

I don't watch as much as I once did.  Reason:  the "hard sell" they do now, some unprofessional hosts and too much  of the same brands and items over and over.  I haven't placed an order in a month and that is rare for me.  My last two orders were returns--2 jackets from one of their favorite vendors.  My first order from that vendor and the fit wasn't good and I didn't "love" the jackets enough to get alterations.  Returns are too costly now so that's it for me for quite a while.