Valued Contributor

Re: Wow! Best eye shadow stick!

I've been wanting to try stick eyeshadows now that my eyelids are more dry.  Will try these out and thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I have a lot of Mally's eye shadow sticks and they're the only thing I use now.  They go on easily and last until I take it off.  None of mine have any "sparkle" in them, so I guess it depends on which you buy.  (I have over a dozen different shades.)

I've always bought mine in sets, so I've never paid anything like $30 apiece for them.

If Mally's brand ever stops making them, I'll think about Clinique, but for now I've got enough to last a long time.

(ETA:  QVC has a kit with four shadow sticks and two liners for $39.96, so quite reasonably priced.  However, Mally sold her company some time ago, so it remains to be seen what happens to it.)

@Venezia  -  I too LOVE Mally'eyeshadow sticks. They are not glimmery/sparkly. Bought the kit w/the liners that you mention - pricing was fab!  Previously I bought a Mally duo that was really 4 products - each stick included a coordinating shadow that had a sponge applicator on one end with the shadow stick on the other end - at a much lower price than the OP references. $30 each...ummmm, no! 

I also use/love Skinn Cosmetics shadow/liner sticks. Beautiful colors, excellent performance and good value price.

Tempted to try the new Geller eye shadow sticks that were presented in recent shows. Favorable reviews on social and I believe pricing is 4 for $40. They are on my wishlist!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

My favorite has always been Mally's, but I use Kim Gravel's now too.

I tried Clinique's once and it didn't work for me. That was a while ago, so maybe they have a newer formula now. 

Some of my Mally sticks have a sheen, but none of them has sparkle!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

CLINIQUE, Chubby Stick Eye Shadow. MACY's @ $15. No 'sparkle' just a beautiful light sheen, application great. I'll never pay over $20 for an eye shadow stick. I bought 3,and like them so much I'm ordering two more. Sorry QVC, you've definately lost the V for value a long time ago.Mally @ $30 a stick? Seriously?...And I've read hers are full of 'sparkle'.

What color did you get? At Nordstroms they are $18.50. That is till a lot for an eyesahdow stick.