Respected Contributor

Wow! Best eye shadow stick!

[ Edited ]

CLINIQUE, Chubby Stick Eye Shadow. MACY's @ $15. No 'sparkle' just a beautiful light sheen, application great. I'll never pay over $20 for an eye shadow stick. I bought 3,and like them so much I'm ordering two more. Sorry QVC, you've definately lost the V for value a long time ago.Mally @ $30 a stick? Seriously?...And I've read hers are full of 'sparkle'.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow! Best eye shadow stick!

@ellaphant wrote:

CLINIQUE, Chubby Stick Eye Shadow. MACY's @ $15. No 'sparkle' just a beautiful light sheen, application great. I'll never pay over $20 for an eye shadow stick. I bought 3,and like them so much I'm ordering two more. Sorry QVC, you've definately lost the V for value a long time ago.Mally @ $30 a stick? Seriously?...And I've read hers are full of 'sparkle'.

@ellaphant   I totally agree. This is the only eye shadow I use.  Beautiful subtle color. 

Honored Contributor

Enjoy.  I would have liked a stick in taupe, but it wasn't a choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@ellaphant   I totally agree. This is the only eye shadow I use.  Beautiful subtle color. 

I want to second this.  I could never tolerate eyeshadow in stick form before because it always felt "heavy" on my eyelids.  Then I received a sample chubby stick from Clinique and couldn't believe how much I liked it.  I've been using Chubby sticks for probably 10 years or so, and my only concern is that they will discontinue them.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

I recently bought two of these. I like them a lot, but the grey one seems to drag a bit when applying. The other color, which is very neutral, seems creamier. I used to use Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow in the little pot, but of course, since I loved it, it was discontinued.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   Clinique's Quickliner for Eyes and Quickliner for Eyes Intense are really nice with a sponge on the other end of the liner.  $20.  If you catch a sale at Clinique you can save.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ellaphant   Clinique's Quickliner for Eyes and Quickliner for Eyes Intense are really nice with a sponge on the other end of the liner.  $20.  If you catch a sale at Clinique you can save.

Clinique's Quickliner applied so well for me, but unfortunatey didn't last.  They smeared in the outer corners of my eyes and didn't last.  

Respected Contributor

Clinique is part of the sale going on thru 4/5 on the Nordstrom website. Most things are 15% off, plus of course, free shipping and samples. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a lot of Mally's eye shadow sticks and they're the only thing I use now.  They go on easily and last until I take it off.  None of mine have any "sparkle" in them, so I guess it depends on which you buy.  (I have over a dozen different shades.)

I've always bought mine in sets, so I've never paid anything like $30 apiece for them.

If Mally's brand ever stops making them, I'll think about Clinique, but for now I've got enough to last a long time.

(ETA:  QVC has a kit with four shadow sticks and two liners for $39.96, so quite reasonably priced.  However, Mally sold her company some time ago, so it remains to be seen what happens to it.)

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant  -  Clinique has the GWP at Macy's with a 31.00 purchase.

Clinique, Free 7-pc, gift, Shop Now, + Get more with $55 purchase