Regular Contributor

If , when you buy makeup or perfume or skin care from QVC they'd give some small samples? Like Avon does. I'd probably buy a lot more.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it would. L’Occitane and Philosophy let you choose samples when you buy something from their websites. Whenever I buy something from a L’Occitane store, the sales clerk throws a handful of samples in my bag. It’s a nice way to try different products. They’re also nice to take along on short overnight trips instead of packing your full-size products. 

Respected Contributor

My feeling about the small, small, samples is they are a bother to use. I pitch them if they are part of the package.

Esteemed Contributor

@patoflNot only Avon, but many beauty retailers and department stores tend to usually throw a couple of samples into your bag or delivery box.  Some department store brand counters are extremely generous with samples and their local distributors make sure they are well stocked with samples to pass onto customers.  With regard to companies such as QVC and HSN, I think they should always include samples wth beauty purchases.  Sure, with many of their beauty brands we can go to a store to see, touch and smell items, but in that case, the customer may also be more likely to purchase the in the store where they are sampling as opposed to coming back to order from QVC.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would love if they did that..... Estée Lauder used to do that at the Macy’s stores but, that stopped a long time ago😢

Honored Contributor

I received a sample in my Derm  Store  order and I swear when I opened it up(it was a serum)  nothing was in it!   At least Not enough product to squeeze out......  so what good was that?

Respected Contributor

Nordstrom includes samples with every on-line order. You used to be able to pick the ones you want, but now you just pick between a men's or women's pack. They also price match sale prices and shipping is included. 

Sephora let's you pick 2 free samples per order, but you have to make a $50 purchase to get free shipping. 

Given the choice, I'd prefer to pick which samples I receive, but I order far more from Nordstrom so I take what they send me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I really don't care for samples - they are worthless.  If I want to try something  I buy it.  A sample is not enough to know if a product is good.   I hate Sephora offering a choice of 2 samples.  When there is ever anything (like mascara samples or a small bottle of a hair product) I want to try, I usually get perfume instead which I just pitch out.  I wish they would give a choice to say no substitution.  

Esteemed Contributor

One reason I used Clinique for soooo many years is because of their Gifts With Purchase.  Then one day I realized I had more makeup bags than I would ever use in my lifetime.... but I did use all their samples and sometimes purchased the full sizes later.  So, in my case, giving samples kept me as a customer.

(and now I'm going to have that Beach Boys' song in my head all morning)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Love samples!