Honored Contributor

Re: Would you tell out of kindness?

Years ago I quickly took a shower and drove to the bank in a panic.  Somehow I found out a payment was going to bounce and I went to cover it.  I never looked at the mirror while dressing.  Imagine my horror when I straightened out the situation inside the bank and then looked in the car mirror.  I had mascara dripping down my face like that Kiss musician.  No one at the bank told me, even the owner of a local bar whom I passed on the way out and said "hi to" didn't tell me. All were women who knew me by name.  Two lessons I learned here:  One, always check the mirror before you get out of the car and two, make sure your bank account covers any automatic payments you might have set up.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Yes.  I usually examine myself for random hairs or other potentially embarrassing things.  

something like having spinach in your teeth, needs to be pointed out to you by another person when out in public.  This exact thing  happened to me at a cocktail party and I appreciated the woman who softly let me know.  

@september 

For that same reason, I do not want to sit at the table with dignitaries, because I once had part of an olive in my teeth and the president of the university was not going to tell me.  He was going to ask who is that hideous woman you sat beside me with the olive in her teeth?  It really happened that I did have a tiny piece of olive at the uppermost portion of a crown, and the president of a local civic club nudged me and whispered to me.  I immediately went to the restroom, burst into tears and then removed it with those handy little portable toothbrushes.

Honored Contributor

Yes, for some things, like food on your face, wardrobe malfunctions, or nose "issues". No to telling people about whiskers or pimples.