Regular Contributor

Re: Would you pick Skinn Pep40 over SSC peptide?

I have used both products. I ordered the Skinn. I did not feel the SSC Pure Pep did anything I could notice at all.

Honored Contributor

To make up the 40% or 30% peptide load, both Skinn Pep 40 and Serious Skincare Pure Pep rely mostly on Argireline.

The first peptides in Pure Pep and Pep 40 Creme are Acetyl Octapeptide-3 and Acetyl Hexapeptide-8. Those peptides are known as Argireline, which is a wrinkle freeze peptide, and known as a neuropeptide. Other valuable (collagen building etc) peptides are present in these products, but they are not the most prevalent.

To give a perspective on how much Argireline can and should be in a product, here's a quote from the Derm Review:

"When choosing an Argireline product, you should know that products with a higher concentration of the drug will provide the most results. Most physicians recommend products with a concentration of 10 percent or higher. The highest concentration of Argireline in any product is 20 percent."

https://thedermreview.com/argireline/

So that accounts for up to half or more of the peptide load percentage in these products.

The Skinn Pep 40 Serum, however, also contains a bunch of Royal Epigen P5 (Pentapeptide-48), which I do value a lot. So I use a pump of that as part of my special moisturizer cocktail. https://mibellebiochemistry.com/products/royalepigen-p5/

I would buy Skinn over SSC. SSC never tempts me enough to buy. SSC is better than many brands out there but not as good IMO as the ones I already use. (My 2 zillion cents. lol Woman Wink)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

To make up the 40% or 30% peptide load, both Skinn Pep 40 and Serious Skincare Pure Pep rely mostly on Argireline.

The first peptides in Pure Pep and Pep 40 Creme are Acetyl Octapeptide-3 and Acetyl Hexapeptide-8. Those peptides are known as Argireline, which is a wrinkle freeze peptide, and known as a neuropeptide. Other valuable (collagen building etc) peptides are present in these products, but they are not the most prevalent.

To give a perspective on how much Argireline can and should be in a product, here's a quote from the Derm Review:

"When choosing an Argireline product, you should know that products with a higher concentration of the drug will provide the most results. Most physicians recommend products with a concentration of 10 percent or higher. The highest concentration of Argireline in any product is 20 percent."

https://thedermreview.com/argireline/

So that accounts for up to half or more of the peptide load percentage in these products.

The Skinn Pep 40 Serum, however, also contains a bunch of Royal Epigen P5 (Pentapeptide-48), which I do value a lot. So I use a pump of that as part of my special moisturizer cocktail. https://mibellebiochemistry.com/products/royalepigen-p5/

I would buy Skinn over SSC. SSC never tempts me enough to buy. SSC is better than many brands out there but not as good IMO as the ones I already use. (My 2 zillion cents. lol Woman Wink)

Always interesting reading your comments. Thank you. 

Regular Contributor

During one of the presentations Dimitri said that pep40 was improved so it would be hard to compare what I already have.  

Respected Contributor

I know that SSC also has a big following but Dimitri's products really have the better ingredients. Plus he actually can explain the science behind everything. All of these other vendors other than Linda Marshall  from Elysse.are only the spokesperson for a company. They can tell you why you need their product but they know diddly about the actual science.