Respected Contributor

Would you pick Skinn Pep40 over SSC peptide?

[ Edited ]

Both are  TTV’s today. Skinn is free shipping and SSC (Evine) sent me 25% off.

Anyone tried both?

Respected Contributor

Re: Would you pick Skinn Pep40 over SSC peptide?

@Valstybaby wrote:

Both are  TTV’s today. Skinn is free shipping and SSC (Evine) sent me 25% off.

Anyone tried both?

Anyone?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby 

Skinn's Pep 40 has 40% peptides with a brand new encapsulation/delivery technology.

Serious Skincare's product has 30% peptides.

No, I haven't tried both, but 40% tops 30%.   Glad I have the Skinn Pep 40 Duo on auto-ship.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Valstybaby 

Skinn's Pep 40 has 40% peptides with a brand new encapsulation/delivery technology.

No, I haven't tried both, but 40% tops 30%.   Glad I have the HSN Pep 40 Duo on auto-ship.

Thank you.  Guess I’ll try it on auto ship because I can always cancel. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Valstybaby 

No, I haven't tried both, but 40% tops 30%.   Glad I have the Skinn Pep 40 Duo on auto-ship.

Just an FYI.  Just because a product says it has 40% or 30% peptides does not mean that is the percentage of the product that is made up of the actual peptides.  All it means is that the ingredient they added to the product was at that percentage.  You don't know how much of that ingredient they actually added to it though!  It's very deceitful.

@JeanLouiseFinch @Valstybaby 

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Depends on the peptides. Different ones are engineered to do different things. Skin brightening, wrinkle freezing, collagen generation, collagen preservation, eyelash growth, acne management, hyaluronic acid generation...and lots more.

The wrinkle freezing ones are clinically tested and proven at high concentrations. That's why a lot of peptide formulas have them listed early in the ingredient list. Most products that say they have lots of peptides in them--contain mostly wrinkle freeze peptides. Those peptides have been around a long time, are cheapish, and have studies to back them up. ETA: They gently (and only partially--this is not botox) inhibit the tiny facial muscle contractions that eventually turn into expression wrinkles.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

With Skinn you're getting 3oz and SSC you're getting 6oz but 30% pep vs 40% with Skinn.  Does it equal out??? I don't know? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby  I was wondering too.  I'm not an ingredient guru like @Porcelain  and maybe she knows the answer to this.  The peptides begin on the second ingredient in the SSC creme.  They don't start ( to my eye), until about 11 or 12 on the Skinn creme.  Does that mean you are getting a better dose of peptides and more benefits, even if the product has 30% vs 40%.  I got dizzy comparing the ingredients on the 2" serums LOL @2blonde you might know this too.

Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Valstybaby  I was wondering too.  I'm not an ingredient guru like @Porcelain  and maybe she knows the answer to this.  The peptides begin on the second ingredient in the SSC creme.  They don't start ( to my eye), until about 11 or 12 on the Skinn creme.  Does that mean you are getting a better dose of peptides and more benefits, even if the product has 30% vs 40%.  I got dizzy comparing the ingredients on the 2" serums LOL @2blonde you might know this too.

@Suebdoo  By my thinking, having the peptides listed closer to the beginning would carry more weight than having that much of a difference in the peptide strength.  Also, there are so many different types of peptides that do different things, you'd probably need to be a chemist to figure it out!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Suebdoo  By my thinking, having the peptides listed closer to the beginning would carry more weight than having that much of a difference in the peptide strength.  Also, there are so many different types of peptides that do different things, you'd probably need to be a chemist to figure it out!

@2blonde  that's my thinking too.  Also SSC says peptide + neuropeptide. Is that a different class of ingredient ?