Honored Contributor

Re: Would this bother you? re: what a vendor (NC) did on TNB

@SnowKita wrote:

Nick C. put the comb in his mouth while styling the models hair.  I gasped.  Would you mind if your hairdresser did that?  I freely admit to being overly sensitive to germs.  That is just who I am.  ~smiles, SnowKita

That is gross but if he put the teeth part of the comb in his mouth, he definitely would not be placing that comb in my hair.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

I think the 'ick' factor would be more on Nick's side, wouldn't it? He ran the bigger germ risk for himself.  If my hair stylist put the comb he was using on me in his mouth, I'm not sure I would think much about it -- unless he did it all the time.

personally I think the "ick" factor goes both ways- it is odd/gross he put it in his mouth after using it on someone's hair and odd/gross to then use it on someone's hair after it was in his mouth. I am not a germaphobe but this is just a bit icky for my comfort.

I really can't believe he did that- is it on video somewhere? What item was he presenting? Not saying I think the OP is lying but maybe it just looked that way (hope?!)?

Yeah, he did it (at about 3:38).  Not the best choice on his part, but not the end of the world either.  I think he did it because of the situation he was in, but likely wouldn't if he was at a styling station where his styling products and tools were at his disposal.

Nick Chavez - Comb in Mouth

Thanks for the link. Oh wow and it was in there for awhile while he spoke, lol. I thought maybe it was in and out for a second. Of course it isn't the end of the world but it is a bit icky. Shawn should have offered to hold it for him so he didn't have to try to talk with a comb (!!) in his mouth.

Then Shawn might have  accidentally touched the part of the comb that was in his mouth.

Double icky factor, unless you're a certain someone then you would probably never wash your hands again. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

I think the 'ick' factor would be more on Nick's side, wouldn't it? He ran the bigger germ risk for himself.  If my hair stylist put the comb he was using on me in his mouth, I'm not sure I would think much about it -- unless he did it all the time.

personally I think the "ick" factor goes both ways- it is odd/gross he put it in his mouth after using it on someone's hair and odd/gross to then use it on someone's hair after it was in his mouth. I am not a germaphobe but this is just a bit icky for my comfort.

I really can't believe he did that- is it on video somewhere? What item was he presenting? Not saying I think the OP is lying but maybe it just looked that way (hope?!)?

Yeah, he did it (at about 3:38).  Not the best choice on his part, but not the end of the world either.  I think he did it because of the situation he was in, but likely wouldn't if he was at a styling station where his styling products and tools were at his disposal.

Nick Chavez - Comb in Mouth

Thanks for the link. Oh wow and it was in there for awhile while he spoke, lol. I thought maybe it was in and out for a second. Of course it isn't the end of the world but it is a bit icky. Shawn should have offered to hold it for him so he didn't have to try to talk with a comb (!!) in his mouth.

Then Shawn might have  accidentally touched the part of the comb that was in his mouth.

Double icky factor, unless you're a certain someone then you would probably never wash your hands again. 

oh no, I meant before he put it in his mouth, lol!

Honored Contributor

I wonder why they can't just use a wheeled stand or tall cart type thing as they go from model to model?  That would seem to solve the problem of trying to manage too many products and tools at the same time.

Trusted Contributor

ITA OP. There were many memorable moments in that presentation. I shuddered when Nick back combed that lomg  silky mane.  I felt Nick was harried, rushed as he trailed behing the host instead of taking the lead .  I was miffed when he asked the host to "feel this" after he'd done the 'tease, spray, wrap the hair around the can' demonstration and the host continued to stand apart , totally disengaged refusing to cooperate.   The whole presentation was disjointed.