Honored Contributor

Re: Would this bother you? re: what a vendor (NC) did on TNB

Thank goodness it wasn't a hot flat iron!

I think it's more gross to put a comb in your mouth, than to put a comb in your hair that's been in a mouth.

Confused now?

Esteemed Contributor

NC has said and done many things that have made me gasp.  I think the Q has reigned him in abit because he wasn't making a fool of hims of the last few times I viewed his show.

Respected Contributor

I think the 'ick' factor would be more on Nick's side, wouldn't it? He ran the bigger germ risk for himself.  If my hair stylist put the comb he was using on me in his mouth, I'm not sure I would think much about it -- unless he did it all the time.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I think the 'ick' factor would be more on Nick's side, wouldn't it? He ran the bigger germ risk for himself.  If my hair stylist put the comb he was using on me in his mouth, I'm not sure I would think much about it -- unless he did it all the time.

personally I think the "ick" factor goes both ways- it is odd/gross he put it in his mouth after using it on someone's hair and odd/gross to then use it on someone's hair after it was in his mouth. I am not a germaphobe but this is just a bit icky for my comfort.

I really can't believe he did that- is it on video somewhere? What item was he presenting? Not saying I think the OP is lying but maybe it just looked that way (hope?!)?

Esteemed Contributor

I've wondered how the models feel about hair and makeup vendors going between models using the same makeup brushes (or appearing to use the same makeup brushes) or hair brushes or even touching their faces and hair without cleaning their hands in between.

I don't like people touching my face which is why I don't want a free makeover at the makeup counter.

Respected Contributor

Hello, SnowKita. Smiley Happy

I don't think there's much to be concerned about. I've watched Nick do this many times and, more times than not, Nick will put the spine of the comb in his mouth and not the teeth of the comb. So if there's any germs, it will be on the part that the hair dresser is touching and not your hair.

I think also Nick only does that when he's pressed for time (when he's on QVC) and when his hands are really full. In QVC Italy, there's a man named Etienne who hands Nick certain hair tools (combs, brushes, ect.) and then takes them when Nick is done using them. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

personally I think the "ick" factor goes both ways- it is odd/gross he put it in his mouth after using it on someone's hair and odd/gross to then use it on someone's hair after it was in his mouth. I am not a germaphobe but this is just a bit icky for my comfort.

I really can't believe he did that- is it on video somewhere? What item was he presenting? Not saying I think the OP is lying but maybe it just looked that way (hope?!)?

Yeah, he did it (at about 3:38).  Not the best choice on his part, but not the end of the world either.  I think he did it because of the situation he was in, but likely wouldn't if he was at a styling station where his styling products and tools were at his disposal.

Nick Chavez - Comb in Mouth

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

Yeah, he did it (at about 3:38).  Not the best choice on his part, but not the end of the world either.  I think he did it because of the situation he was in, but likely wouldn't if he was at a styling station where his styling products and tools were at his disposal.

Nick Chavez - Comb in Mouth

Thanks for the link. Oh wow and it was in there for awhile while he spoke, lol. I thought maybe it was in and out for a second. Of course it isn't the end of the world but it is a bit icky. Shawn should have offered to hold it for him so he didn't have to try to talk with a comb (!!) in his mouth.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I've wondered how the models feel about hair and makeup vendors going between models using the same makeup brushes (or appearing to use the same makeup brushes) or hair brushes or even touching their faces and hair without cleaning their hands in between.

I don't like people touching my face which is why I don't want a free makeover at the makeup counter.

It would bother me. I've seen hosts/vendors use the same lipgloss on themselves after applying it to a model. I just think it is so unsanitary and a big no no. Again, not a big germaphobe but there are just some things you just don't do.

Respected Contributor

Of course it would bother me.  However, I've had many hairstylists and I've been in many salons.  I've never seen a stylist do that.  Nick probably wouldn't do it in his shop either.