Regular Contributor

Would like some liquid foundation suggestions please+++

Looking for a liquid foundation for very sensitive skin. I have dry skin also. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Would like some liquid foundation suggestions please+++

Hi - my skin is combination, but my favorite is Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation. It's VERY pricey, but it's worth every penny. (Sephora now carries it.) The finish is incredible. I also like Urban Decay Naked. There are wonderful foundations I've tried an love from Mally, Laura Geller, Tarte, and IT here, but I haven't tried any of the liquids. I love Poreless Perfection from Mally and I'm liking the new Foundcealer from Tarte. Laura has a new fluid foundation coming out, but it's not out yet - you can get it on advance order. Good luck! Smile

Respected Contributor

I have very dry sensitive skin. I can't wear LG or IT, both are very heavy feeling on me and drying. Tarte showed up fined lines I didn't even know I had so, for me personally, I wouldn't recommend these 3 for dry skin, JMO

I do like Mally's air brush mousse in the pump jar but what really works the best for me, really 2 that work very well for me, Oil of Olay 2 in 1 (serum/foundation)pump glass bottle and comes in colors, is swirled together in the jar as well as Visible lift serum absolute by L'Oreal. Someone just told me about a Cover Girl product that is suppose to be a concealer, primer and foundation all in one, pump bottle with a blue pump cap but I haven't tried that but do want to.

Honored Contributor

I've had great results with both Perricone No Foundation Foundation - original not the serum and SKINN CC Cream.

Valued Contributor

I have tried many and keep going back to Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect from Target for $14.99. There is also another formula Lift and Luminate which is nice as well. The Cool Beige is perfect color for my medium toned skin and not to orangey and it has staying power without being drying like some long lasting foundations are. I can use the same color even in the summer.

Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

Try Cover Girl Advance Radiance. It's a very smooth, airy, creamy foundation. I have very fair, sensitive skin --- very reactive. I was so surprised that I was able to wear Cover Girl, as I have always had the best luck with Almay, Physician's Formula, and Clinique. But it's been several years and I have not had a problem. It has pretty good coverage. Where I need a little extra, I apply Cover Girl Smoothers concealer stick.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

High End: Silk Crème foundation by Laura Mercier (read the reviews).

Drugstore: Loreal True Match.

You may also want to consider an organic line. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have been trying different liquid foundations and so far, the only new one I could recommend, would be MAC in my color match.

Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous is just sort of OK... it didn't make me break out and it matched. It doesn't give my skin a beautiful finish or improve it....

My derm always told me to use oil-free liquid due to rosacea and other sensitivities... so he said Clinique, Almay and Physician's Formula. The Clinique was discontinued, but was the best (for me) in the world. I still use it -- and finish it with Faerieorganics mineral found and veil. I have been using FO for about 10 years and it makes my skin look gorgeous (if I do say so myself!)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I swore I'd never use liquid again but Laura Geller has a new foundation out and will be shipped next month. I ordered it just to give it a try. I have been very happy with her Balance and Brighten but thought I'd check out this new product. I see that Bare Minerals also has a new liquid foundation out and it seems to be getting rave reviews. Both brands come with a special brush to apply. They may be worth a try!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have been very pleased with Estee Lauder's new Perfectionsist foundation SPF30. It's medium, buildable coverage, satin finish, okay for my sensitive skin, and comes in an excellent array of shades.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland