Valued Contributor

Would like a suggestion for an eyeshadow palette...

I am over 50 with slightly hooded eyes.  I am wanting to find a nice neutral palette that has a mix of shimmers (not glitter) and mattes.

I have cool undertones (slightly pink), so I would like to find something that leans cool or neutral.

Do any of you ladies have any suggestions?  I am open to low or high end (I only buy a new palette once a year).

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would like a suggestion for an eyeshadow palette...

I recommend Urban Decay - Nakeds - Basics. The smaller palettes are, in my opinion, better than their larger ones.

Regular Contributor

Nordstrom has a nice palette on sale right now. It's the LORAC Mega PRO 3 palette that has a mix of mattes and shimmers. The sale price is $35.40 and it's free shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I recommend Urban Decay - Nakeds - Basics. The smaller palettes are, in my opinion, better than their larger ones.

@Goldengate8361 

ITA. I use Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics. I really like it. I don't need those larger palettes. I don't use much.

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss Several ladies suggested Urban Decay or Lorac.  I just want you to know that Nordstrom Rack has both of those brands' eye shadows on sale (they are all under $25).  Just go to Nordstrom Rack's site. 

Respected Contributor

TwoFaced Chocolate Bar Pallette. I bought mine at HSN. I got a better price at the time than Ulta. I still think that carry it.

Honored Contributor

Look at DOSE of Colors Pretty Cool palette. It’s at Ulta. Very nice palette.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@momoftwo2007...Thanks for putting Nordstrom Rack on my radar...I've got to be careful now-Smiley Happy I just went over and blew a hundred bucks on an assortment of items. 

Valued Contributor

If you’re near a tj maxx, I’ve seen both naked basics and the two faced chocolate bar palette at mine earlier this week.
Trusted Contributor

@Swedishmiss  Yes! NYX “Ultimate Shadow Palette” Cool Neutrals. On Amazon for $15.00

I have a large collection of eyeshadow palettes that run the gamut from high-end to drugstore. I find I keep reaching for my NYX palette (warm tones for me) more often than not. It has little to no fallout and great pigmentation. I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried it. HTH

F/N/A luvstogarden