Honored Contributor

Re: Would like a rec for a drug Brow Pencil please

On 2/16/2015 kivah said:

I also like Avon glimmersticks. A couple of weeks ago, I bought 4 of them on Avon.com in Blonde --- which is Dark.

Do they sparkle? I can't wear glittered products.

Honored Contributor

My eyebrows are similar to yours and I am ashe blonde. I get s really nice soft result with the brow powder I get at Clinique. No pencil marks! Looks so natural!

Trusted Contributor

I use Physician's Formula automatic Brow Definer. It has a really nice brush and goes on very smoothly. It is a true brown--I use Brown-Beige which I believe is the darkest color. My brows are medium to dark brown. I stock up when the stores have BOGOs but it is only around $6 without a sale. It's highly rated on Beautypedia. HTH!

Honored Contributor

I have a Rimmel pencil from CVS. It was around $4.50. It goes on with ease, stays on until taken off and has a little brush on the cap.
Trusted Contributor

I like Rimmels. Buy from Walmart. Seem to be softer and stay sharpened longer than a pencil-type stick.

Super Contributor

On 2/16/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 2/16/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

The Milani brow pencil is very good.

Sorry, but I don't understand ..... what makes this very good? Aren't all brow pencils pretty much the same, and the trick is to get the correct color ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

No, all brow pencils are definitely not the same, lol! I've used quite a few (in prestige and drugstore), and could tell you some horror stories. Some are waxy, some fade, some are too harsh or sharp looking, some have really strange "stroke marks", some "gunk up" in your brows throughout the day, etc.

Honored Contributor

The key for my own dry skin, combined with dark 'cool'/ash brown brows (that also have little or no tails), is to get colors that are noted something like "brownish black" or "black-brown".

And I've found that pencils adhere better when they're a bit waxy and not too soft.

Applying clear brow gel afterwards really helps them stay, too.

Respected Contributor

thank you so much and yes, not all are the same. some are very waxy, some smear and some are very hard to put on and hate to have to really press, don't want to pull more brows out, don't have that much to start with from the center down to the end, hardly any at all there.

I goggled best brow pencil, lot of things but one makeup artist,

Celebrity Makeup Artist Jake Bailey's Top Drugstore Eyebrow Picks

The brand that impressed Bailey the most was Drew Barrymore’s Flower Beauty: all three shades of their Raise Some Brows Pencil ($6) got his stamp of approval. “Generally a brunette would have pretty dark brows to begin with, so you want to go with a shade like this,” he says, referring to the Light Brown pencil. “You want to define your brows without making them darker.” He suggests the other two hues, Blonde and Dark Brown, for strawberry blonde and black hair, respectively.

you can goggle him or this article and read the whole thing.

Has anyone tried Flower Raise Some Brows or do you think one mentioned here(are a lot for me to consider) would be better.

Thanks so much and I most definitely will consider those mentioned here, really need a decent store brow pencil since pencils are the only thing that work for me.

Honored Contributor

Maybelline has another brow pencil

<h1 class="heading-b product-name product-heading js-product-heading">Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil,</h1>

which is nice and inexpensive.

Avon Glimmerstick are very good too, and the brow product has no shimmer it is just the name.

Respected Contributor

thanks so much ladies and I will look at your suggestions before trying something I don't know anything about and haven't read any posts on it so, thanks again.