Honored Contributor

Would Anyone Care to Join Me? And "What Just Happened???

It wasn't planned, but I started organizing my makeup drawers last night.  I got all my eye and cheek palettes organized so that leaves two more drawers and the under the sink (hair products and eyelashes) to organize.

No photos required, just a "hey, I got one drawer decluttered/organized today!" or something similar.  Chores are easier to do when you have someone helping (virtually) Smiley Wink  I've got a sink full of dirty dishes to load in the d/w (15 yr old boys...oy!) and get ready for his sister and her friend.  Then I'm going to start on another drawer.

There is a certain flavor of Gatorade Zero that I love.  It's "Berry" and the only place I can find it (actually DH found it) is the local Dollar Store.  I haven't been in that store in 25 years.  My grandson and I went in there to buy all the Berry flavored bottles we could find...9 of them.  We got to the checkout stand and there was one person in front of me.  I said hi and told the checker outer that he was paying for mine (joking)  He (the customer in front of me) asked the clerk the price of the Gatorade and then told her he was paying for it Smiley Surprised  I told him that was very nice of him but I got it.  He insisted!  Ok then and thank you so very much.  Then I asked him if he'd ever tasted Berry flavored Gatorade Zero.  He had not.  I insisted he take a bottle.  And here is where it went south or west...I'm not sure which direction it went! Smiley Surprised  When he picked up his bags, he picked up SIX of the nine bottles (it was all bagged) he bought for me, leaving me with three Smiley Surprised  I didn't realize what had just happened till I started to pick up my bags and walk out the door.  We walked out just in time to see him drive off and wave LOL What just happened???

Honored Contributor

Re: Would Anyone Care to Join Me? And "What Just Happened???

@monicakm - Wow! I think the whole exchange at the beginning was cute! How nice of you to ask him if he'd ever tried the Gatorade. Could he have misunderstood you when you said for him to "take a bottle?" If that is exactly what he heard, for him to take more was obnoxious. And then he waved, knowing he had left you with just a few? 

I think he either misunderstood you, or he was one of the biggest con artists you've probably ever encountered. Of course I hope it's the first!

Anyway, I hope you do find your special Gatorade again!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm: sorry about your drinks.

Your first mistake was thinking a stranger (male) was giving you something for free,

I guess you did get 3 bottles for free if he paid for all nine.

Honored Contributor

If a male tries to "flirt" with me over the produce counter....or most anyplace else......"I nooooo speeeeek da Eeeenglish".............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I think he was just a jerk, may have been annoyed at your joke. People are often weird at the check out in my experience.

Hope you find a lot more of your favorite Gatorade!

Trusted Contributor

The optimistic side of me says he probably didn't realize it and the pessimistic side says you got conned.  Either way, glad you found the drink and now know where you can get more in the future. 

Respected Contributor

I manage to keep mine pretty well organized, so good luck with that.

I've had 3 of my grandsons for the weekend, so the rest of my house is not so tidy!

That is weird! Maybe he just picked up bags & didn't realize he stole the Gatorade he bought for you? So odd.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I don't think it would be a con job since he paid for ALL of it lol  

Honored Contributor

@queendiva 

Aw, you've never heard of or offered RAK (random acts of kindness)?  It's not uncommon and men seem to do it more than women.  And yes, I did at least get 3 bottles for free Smiley Happy  I'm down to 2 bottles now.  Gotta have my cold brew coffee and Gatorade!  Cold brew is a 100 mile round trip Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

That is very weird , maybe he is like me at checkouts and forget my bag after paying , and he wasn't thinking when he took all but 3. What are the chances he would even want berry Gatorade.