Trusted Contributor

Re: Would Anyone Care to Join Me? And "What Just Happened???

Good point!  If he did pay for all of them I guess it wasn't a con. Don't know why he took 6 of them when he knew you were buying all 9 though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi 

I didn't consider it flirting.  It's Texas.  We're friendly Smiley Happy  And when some gentleman does give me a compliment, I thank him for it.  One time at WM I was looking in the milk section and a handsome but tired and dirty cowboy told me how great I smelled.  I appreciate compliments Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candyagain 

Could be.  I'd like to think that wasn't the case.  I don't know.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Desertdi 

I didn't consider it flirting.  It's Texas.  We're friendly Smiley Happy  And when some gentleman does give me a compliment, I thank him for it.  One time at WM I was looking in the milk section and a handsome but tired and dirty cowboy told me how great I smelled.  I appreciate compliments Smiley Happy

@monicakm      I usually get "city slickers" with loose dentures, and baggy clothes...........(!!!)     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

My dad says I wear rose colored glasses.  I'd like to think he didn't realize what he'd done.  Either way, it would be hard pressed to say I was conned since I got 3 free bottles of my favorite Gatorade flavor lol  Hubby will pick up more in a couple of days.  

Honored Contributor

Just want to tell you ,no reason for driving 100 miles,for cold brew,make your own.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

I keep/kept mine tidy too till I went bananas the last year and a half buying makeup and skincare Smiley Surprised  I need some more trays but WM is a 30 mile round trip so some of my organizing will have to wait.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

I have forgotten my bags before too! LOL  I feel like such a goober! 

I think that's the most likely scenario...but then again he did carry 6 heavy-ish bottles out the door.  I may call the Dollar Store and see if perhaps he brought them back.  I'm just more baffled than anything.  I don't feel like it was a malicious intent since he did pay for it all.

I asked him if he'd ever tried it and offered him a bottle.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

LOL!  Hey, a compliment is a compliment.  My mother taught me to always be gracious when someone gives  you a compliment.  

Respected Contributor

I was eating out of a bag of Jolly Rancher candy once and offered some to a day yard worker at our place and he took the whole dern bag! Said "Thanks" and just turned and strolled away. I was like "what just happened??????" too. Some folks amaze me.