Esteemed Contributor

Re: Worst Beauty Products You've Tried

SIMPLE eye make up remover pads -- caused a rash on my eyelids for about a week. Grrr

Arm & Hammer Advanced toothpaste -- created eczema-like sores on my lips. Now I make my own baking soda whitener and swish with peroxide - follow up with milder toothpaste. Now the only lipstick I can wear is Burt's Bees -- which I like   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Bare Minerals Bareskin foundation! So oily and slimey! Slid right off my face, waste of money!

Trusted Contributor

Purity....burns my eyes really bad and dries out my skin.  And Wen.

Trusted Contributor

Purity: Left my face really dry. Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten foundation: Left dark  spots on my face that looked like dirt! And the worst: Wen. I 

Honored Contributor

Elysee's Time Avenger mask was a bad one. I like the line, but that product was tricky to mix and apply, uncomfortable to wear, super fussy to remove, left my face red and irritated, aggravated a capillary, and certainly didn't make me look even a minute younger.

I also didn't care for Isomers clay cleanser. I thought I had rinsed it down the sink after washing, but the next morning I found all sorts of little rolled up clay bits sitting in the basin.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel, yes, it was the glycolic cleanser.  I only used it once and washed it off pretty quickly but it left my skin (which is actually still a bit oily) extremely dry.  The next morning when I got up it looked like I had been sunburned. 

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 It was the glycolic cleanser I reacted too.  I had read lots of good reviews on it.  Maybe I was just allergic to an ingrediant.  I had purchased this anniversary package of different products from the line but I was scared to try anything else so sent it all back!

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel, yes, it was the glycolic cleanser.  I only used it once and washed it off pretty quickly but it left my skin (which is actually still a bit oily) extremely dry.  The next morning when I got up it looked like I had been sunburned. 

@Roni18  Huh.  Well, I have tried other glycolic cleansers that haven't given me that sort of experience.  Two of them were made by Derma-E.  I should probably stick with those, since they've been good for me and aren't expensive.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for (or against) Genie Instant Line Smoother, which believe it or not is still sold here at QVC. Like egg whites. Worked as long as you didn't apply makeup on top of it, didn't smile or frown (or even talk), and didn't perspire.

There was also the Rejuvenique mask by Linda Evans that was supposed to spruce up your face via passive exercise, but amounted to being zapped in the most unpleasant way, and I gave it up. The mask itself looks like the "Halloween" murderer's mask, with wires.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hands down skinn cosmetics!!  I purchased his last tsv that had the fill me in and the blurr stick.  I love to know how he did it making the models fine lines disappear.  Must be trick photography.  Won't be purchasing anymore from this line.  Finally learned my lesson. Let me clarify.  Not the skin care side of him, only the cosmetic side of him.