Frequent Contributor

Re: Worst Beauty Products You've Tried

I also really tried to like WEN, and I followed the directions Chad used on tv, but I just couldn't get good results. My hair is an oily type, and no matter what I did, it still felt dirty. I have better results with Paul Mitchell.

IT cosmetics Bye-Bye Eye is like a paste in MHO. If you have any lines around your eyes and have to tug to spread a concealer, it's just not a good thing. Also, the IT CONFIDENCE IN A CREAM just floats on my skin and doesn't seem to absorb, even using a scant amount, it's not worth the money. I have better results with Clinique, and I like that I can try it at the counter before buying it. Return charges can be a deal breaker.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel I shop for some foods at Whole Foods...last yr. out of curiosity I tested the oil on my hand, just to see if they had changed the formula. NOPE...still smells rancid & I have a good nose. I asked the SA to smell it on my hand & she agreed... Love their Argan oil shampoo & conditioner but that oil is a fail imo.

@Kabella  I don't know what happened there.  If it's 100% argan oil, I can't imagine what would be in it that would cause it to smell that way.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Garnier BB.....it was awful...felt awful going on my skin and looked awful too. Couldn't wait to wash it off.  Gave it to a friend to try and she hated it too for almost the same reasons.  

Nick Chavez products....hated them...and his sprays are awful!!!  I thought his stuff was supposed to be good for those of us with fine hair....didn't work for me.  

Serious Skin Care promineral makeup.....was nasty, smelly, and full of sparkly stuff...looked like glitter on my face and my pores looked like moon craters.  Eye colors were too dark - full of glitter.   Not sure if the formula has changed since it 1st launched but that was my experience many years ago.  

Isomers - maybe it was a bad batch or maybe intended to smell but the serum I bought Matryxil 3000 ? something like that for a name - it smelled like wet dog/socks.  Couldn't get past the smell.  

Esteemed Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

Isomers - maybe it was a bad batch or maybe intended to smell but the serum I bought Matryxil 3000 ? something like that for a name - it smelled like wet dog/socks.  Couldn't get past the smell.  

@straykatz  Maybe they had a wet dog wearing socks in the factory.  LoL

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz wrote:

I do not think its sold anymore but Signature Club A  on HSN  had a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner Vanilla Merangue that stripped my hair into a rats nest. No joke

Any/all of Adrienne's shampoo and conditioners dried out my hair terribly!! Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@fortune wrote:

Purity gave my face a bad reaction!  Also Nick Chavez's Flocker spray!

How are you doing Mistri?  I've been thinking about you!!

@mistriTsquirrel

Thanks, @fortune.  I'm gettin' by.  I'm still sort of in limbo...mostly weaned off the Cymbalta, but haven't started the new med yet.  I have a few things that just popped up that I need to take care of before I start the new med, as I'm pretty sure I'll be sick for awhile when I start it.  Not looking forward to that.

How are things with you?

@mistriTsquirrel

So you're not on anything now?  Does the new med have bad side effects?  Maybe you won't get all or any of them...

I just found out I'm pre-diabetic.  I have to lose weight (I've already been walking 30 minutes EVERY day for five weeks!  So far, I've only lost 4 pounds!!!  I mostly eat the right diet, but could use some help in that department. . .Any ideas?

Jasper is just fine!  He's the healthiest of all of us! 

@fortune  I'm down to 5 mg of Cymbalta (generic, actually), so it's close to nothing.  I've had to open the capsules and take out some of the pellets to wean off, because none of the drug companies make a dose lower than 20 mg.  And even the FDA warns against going off of it too quickly, so you'd think they would start making smaller doses, but they haven't.  Maybe because then they'd have to admit that Cymbalta withdrawal is no joke for a lot of people.

I've been on 2 SNRI's and they both made me sick when I started, so I expect the next one to be the same.

I need to lose some weight as well.  I'm trying to cut back on processed foods and refined sugar.  Eventually I'd like to be mostly vegan again, but it takes motivation that I don't have right now to prep the food.  I don't know how quickly I'll be able to take the weight off, honestly.  Have you thought about starting a program like Weight Watchers?  I hear people have success with that.

Glad to hear Jasper is doing well.  Smiley Happy

@mistriTsquirrel

Wow!  5 mg.!  How's your overall emotional status?  I surely hope you don't get sick from the new SNRI! 

I read that whole wheat "everything" is good for pre-diabetics.  I've learned to read the ingredients very carefully.

Are you able to get any exercise?  Can you take your guinea pig for a walk?  laugh.gif Going for a walk is Jasper's most favorite thing in the whole wide world!

Trusted Contributor

Mine have been lip stains that turn vivid fuchsia on me and the rest hair care & styling products at the drugstore. Garnier and Tressemme have been the worst, but have had some just OK from the latter. I'm also not fond of the fruit scented hair product trend. I buy salon brands mostly now and most of those smell far better and don't ruin my hair.

Trusted Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

Garnier BB.....it was awful...felt awful going on my skin and looked awful too. Couldn't wait to wash it off.  Gave it to a friend to try and she hated it too for almost the same reasons.  

Nick Chavez products....hated them...and his sprays are awful!!!  I thought his stuff was supposed to be good for those of us with fine hair....didn't work for me.  

Serious Skin Care promineral makeup.....was nasty, smelly, and full of sparkly stuff...looked like glitter on my face and my pores looked like moon craters.  Eye colors were too dark - full of glitter.   Not sure if the formula has changed since it 1st launched but that was my experience many years ago.  

@straykatz yes, the Serious Skin Care minerals were matte a decade ago. They ruined it adding glow! It used to look so good, too. Less shine than Bareminerals, but some CEO (or somebody high up in the company) who didn't wear it but wanted to go with the trend and decided to change it. I quit buying the entire line after that.

Respected Contributor

@Shopper Mania wrote:

I also really tried to like WEN, and I followed the directions Chad used on tv, but I just couldn't get good results. My hair is an oily type, and no matter what I did, it still felt dirty. I have better results with Paul Mitchell.

IT cosmetics Bye-Bye Eye is like a paste in MHO. If you have any lines around your eyes and have to tug to spread a concealer, it's just not a good thing. Also, the IT CONFIDENCE IN A CREAM just floats on my skin and doesn't seem to absorb, even using a scant amount, it's not worth the money. I have better results with Clinique, and I like that I can try it at the counter before buying it. Return charges can be a deal breaker.

Same here. I love the oils but not the cc. I  perioically retry it bu the bottle just collects dust.  I have a 32oz POM  from last summer I only used once lol.  I also love paul mitchell. Its  On the top of my list with Hempz Coutre

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

I do not think its sold anymore but Signature Club A  on HSN  had a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner Vanilla Merangue that stripped my hair into a rats nest. No joke

Any/all of Adrienne's shampoo and conditioners dried out my hair terribly!! Woman Mad

Its too bad for the smell was really nice