Esteemed Contributor

Re: Worst Beauty Products You've Tried

L'Occitane liquid soap in the citron scent. It smells like dishwashing soap and the scent lingers unfortunately.

Jergens self tanner. It stinks when it's color is developing.

Esteemed Contributor

Too many to list here, but I agree with several other posters.

The Genie face stuff -- when it dried, it peeled and fell off my face in chunks.  What a scam!

Purity cleanser (1) didn't remove my makeup and (2) gave me a huge rosacea flare and breakout.  Took weeks to get my complexion back to normal.

My biggest embarrassment tho was the Suzanne Somers electric face massager thingie.  Felt like a total idiot with that one.  What was I thinking??!!??  I couldn't return it fast enough.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I've never had any product disasters, except for one, and that was something I was making on my own -- a vitamin C serum, which I made too strong.

All other castaways were things that I thought were just not that great.

I pretty much have all "holy grails" now...until the next better mouse trap comes along.

Respected Contributor

JOSIE MARAN  in shower tanning system. So bad she quit making it.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jump4joy2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Another vote for Purity. It made my face itch like crazy.

I agree, Purity caused itching and was so drying to my skin.  Tried to pass it on to my daughter; however her skin could not tolerate it either!

It's good for washing your delicates!!  That's what I ended up using it for if I got a sample or it  was in a kit. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18 wrote:

@Ibby114 It was the glycolic cleanser I reacted too.  I had read lots of good reviews on it.  Maybe I was just allergic to an ingrediant.  I had purchased this anniversary package of different products from the line but I was scared to try anything else so sent it all back!

Bummer!! Woman Sad Their A Wash cleanser is gentler, I use that one more often. I really like their A line- excluding items with  spf (they always use chemical sunscreens).  Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Too Faced Hangover Primer / Born This Way Foundation.  Not sure which of the two, if not both caused it.  Wasn't about to figure it out either.  My face started burning within a couple minutes.  I couldn't wash it off fast enough!!  I had a bright red face and eyelids for a couple days!!

Respected Contributor

Wen: It left my hair flat and weighed down.  I used the reminder as a shave cream for my legs- worked great!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Benefit mascara - clumpy 

Philosophy - Purity burns eyes

and Microdelivery exfoliator (did not use for a while and it turned into soup)

I am sure there are more but that is what comes to my mind.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I like a lot of IT cosmetics products but both the CC cream and the newer confidence in a compact foundation were terrible on me. the CC cream just sat on top of my skin and would not blend, and the compact foundation was like applying crisco it was so heavy and greasy. 

Also, living proof (which I like a lot of their prodcts too) has a newer volumizing product that has rave reviews called dry volume blast.  it was so terrible on my hair, it made it like stringy, tangled, scraggly.  it's like the worst of both worlds of hairspray and dry shampoo...

to round out the top 3--as much as I LOVE most of peter thomas roth's products (love the pm retinol, unwrinkle pads and irish moor mask), I have found his cucumber detox prodcts to be absolutely worthless.  I have tried both the face mask and eye patches.  do not recommend. 

so I guess these 3 may not be the WORST I've tried, but they are from brands I otherwise love and so was really disappointed.