Honored Contributor

Re: Worst Beauty Products You've Tried

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Genie Instant Line Smoother

@SilleeMee

@tansy mentioned that one too.

Was it just a do-nothing product, or did it create some sort of havoc on your face?

It didn't do anything but make me look like I had bird #$%&  on my face...lol!Woman LOL @mistriTsquirrel

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Montana wrote:

Skinmedica TNS Recovery Serum

No results at all. Later, I discovered why: contains fragrance. From then on, I began to always check ingredients before trying products.

@ Montana  Did the fragrance make you break out, or was it just a do-nothing product?

@mistriTsquirrel, it didn't cause break outs, but my skin never looked good after using it for several weeks.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Genie Instant Line Smoother

@SilleeMee

@tansy mentioned that one too.

Was it just a do-nothing product, or did it create some sort of havoc on your face?

It didn't do anything but make me look like I had bird #$%&  on my face...lol!Woman LOL @mistriTsquirrel

@SilleeMee  I've read that when a bird poops on you, it's considered a good luck omen.  Did you at least have good luck while you were using the product?  Smiley LOL

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

Purity from Philosophy.  It leaves my face so sticky that I think it could be used as glue.   I tried it several times, and each time was just as bad as the first.  I had a huge bottle, which I promptly threw away.  Awful stuff!!!

@Perkup  Did you try it before Philosophy was sold to Coty, or after?  I tried it before the company was sold, and I don't remember any stickiness, but I had other reasons to dislike it.  Then again, it was a long time ago, and maybe I just forgot.

I don't know when this company changed hands. or even exactly when I threw it out.  I bought a combo pack of Purity and an exfoliator, which I still have most of.  The Purity I used four times I think.  It left me terribly sticky every time I tried it and I hated the feeling. Couldn't find anyone local who wanted it, so I threw it out. Won't ever buy that again. I do sometimes use Philosophy bath products but NO to PURITY!!

Esteemed Contributor

Bare Minerals powder foundation. Made me look like I had a chalky mask on and it made my face burn and itch if I used it on a regular basis.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really?...bird poops on me means good luck? Well heck, let the birds fly over!Woman Very Happy The Genie stuff smooths out wrinkles...until you put makeup over it and it break the seal...ugh.Woman Tongue @mistriTsquirrel

Respected Contributor

Skinceuticals PhysicalMatte UV Defense SPF 50! I have tried it with and without primer and this product just doesn't set on my face! I can feel tackiness hours after putting it on and it will come off on my finger if I touch it. It's a shame too because it's expensive. 😟

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Bare Minerals powder foundation. Made me look like I had a chalky mask on and it made my face burn and itch if I used it on a regular basis.

@Meowingkitty  I didn't have itching with it, but I've heard a lot of people have.  My face is just too dry to use it as a foundation, but I occasionally set concealer with it if I get a blemish that needs extra coverage.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

those horrible matte lipsticks that I got in several of the monthly beauty boxes as well as the marker eye liners--- tossed all those in the garbage. 

Contributor

Josie Maran's Argan Oil.  I tried it several times, thinking I was putting it on too heavily and that's why it wasn't absorbing.  Put it on my legs, went to bed -- couldn't stand the greasiness.  Had to shower in the middle of the night just to get rid of the oil.