Valued Contributor

Wonder if others agree with my beauty desire to be aired...

Just read my new issue of Allure magazine and all I saw was beautiful, highly pigmented COLORFUL eye shadows.  Not the browns and purples that seem to be just about all that is sold on QVC.

I am so tired of beauty shows just presenting super expensive skincare and super, super expensive skin care tools.  Guess I'll go back to spending my money on color cosmetics at the local drugstore.  Despite with QVC says, there are good products at your local corner drugstore that stay on all day long, creams that contain high-end ingredients for good, wrinkle free skin, etc.  QVC is missing the boat in failing to offer a variety of colorful cosmetics in the form of eye shadows and lipsticks.

Other than Laura Geller's eye shadow offerings around the holidays which are beautiful colors, there are none on QVC.

Would anyone else like to see more colors and less expensive tools on beauty shows?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder if others agree with my beauty desire to be aired...

[ Edited ]

I'm fine if QVC wants to start selling more colors, but frankly, I don't need them to because I know where I can find those things.

What I really want from QVC is what I'm getting - great sets with value prices. I can get colorful shadows from Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, or the drugstore. I can't go to any of those places and get a TSV set that has $181 worth of product for $75.93 That's what I look for when I shop at QVC - deals and products I can't find anywhere else.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I'm fine if QVC wants to start selling more colors, but frankly, I don't need them to because I know where I can find those things.

What I really want from QVC is what I'm getting - great sets with value prices. I can get colorful shadows from Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, or the drugstore. I can't go to any of those places and get a TSV set that has $181 worth of product for $75.93 That's what I look for when I shop at QVC - deals and products I can't find anywhere else.

I couldn't have said this better ChynnaBlue - you are one educated consumer!

Honored Contributor

I'm so sick of nudes and browns too. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I've read those magazines too.

Some of the colors shown would only look good on a 20 year old.  They are not practical for the rest of us.

However, I never mind variety on QVC.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I like doing a nude eye and adding either color at the lash lines or do half my outer lid in a color. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I'm more of a neutral eyeshadow girl, but I'm all over the place with colors of eyeliners! I have a lot of Laura Geller sets. I also like Tarte - they have some interesting sets here once in a while too. IT has some colors available too. Also, check out Laura Geller Baked eyeshadow duos. There are some nice colors there. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

If you are interested in colorful eyeshadows check out those at Colour Pop.  Many shades with different finishes at only $5.00 each.

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Just read my new issue of Allure magazine and all I saw was beautiful, highly pigmented COLORFUL eye shadows.  Not the browns and purples that seem to be just about all that is sold on QVC.

I am so tired of beauty shows just presenting super expensive skincare and super, super expensive skin care tools.  Guess I'll go back to spending my money on color cosmetics at the local drugstore.  Despite with QVC says, there are good products at your local corner drugstore that stay on all day long, creams that contain high-end ingredients for good, wrinkle free skin, etc.  QVC is missing the boat in failing to offer a variety of colorful cosmetics in the form of eye shadows and lipsticks.

Other than Laura Geller's eye shadow offerings around the holidays which are beautiful colors, there are none on QVC.

Would anyone else like to see more colors and less expensive tools on beauty shows?

@just wonder

I had to read your comments a couple times because at first it seemed like you're comparing apples and oranges.  

Good skin care comes in different price ranges, but keep in mind that it costs more to manufacture than, say, eye shadows.  The ingredients are costlier.   

As for makeup ....  Just how many eye shadow colors do you actually need, anyway?  If you're younger and still experimenting, keep in mind that QVC isn't the only game in town.  You can get less expensive makeup at Target and Walmart if you are interested in variety and quantity.   

Personally, I know what looks best on me, so I don't need to keep buying a wide range of colors.   I think you'll finally get to a point where you know what looks good on you and can then spend your money elsewhere.  JMO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the comments here--all of them!! I live in an area where I can get any brand of make up and skin care I see any time but........ the cost per item is atrocious. Buying them on the shopping channels, in kits,  is the best way to try them out and not spend a small fortune. And then I wait for the sales and buy just the ones that I think work for me. I wish more companies would let you buy samples to try, like Paula's** Choice. I am finding that I am more loyal to that co lately because I can try the products first. Sephor***a will give you samples too. And some companies send free samples with an order--I like that too. But  I still go to the local drugstores for a few things.