Respected Contributor

Re: Women who make Argan oil want better pay.

Someone with an understanding of how to do it should go into those communities and organize the women to create a collective that will broker this substance to the companies buying it, to support higher compensation and benefits for the women.

I saw a snippet from one presentation of a young woman violently pounding something that I think represented the creation of the oil. I thought that the poor gal would have only so many years doing that work before her joints fought back and she couldn't do it any longer, or keep up.

I've never tried argan oil, and since it seems "opportunistically harvested," don't think I will.

Honored Contributor

@skapoor wrote:

Thanks for posting the informtion. I did not know where the political sidebar came for the mods to delete it.

@skapoor 

You're welcome!

When I went to your link and saw the political content on sidebars, I knew it would be deleted, so I thought I would post the content for you!

Welcome to the forums!

Image result for welcome to the forum image

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

sidebars you say? Must have been Shawn Killinger...

Woman Wink

Thanks for the article. Interesting.

And while I'm not condoning the minimal salaries the fact that they have insurance and pensions is a giant step up from others' conditions around the globe...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

sidebars you say? Must have been Shawn Killinger......

@Andreatoo 

Huh? Sorry, I don't understand why political sidebars are related to Shawn, but that's okay!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

She frequently uses the expression 'sidebar'

I was trying to be funny...

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

When will the year come that women can end their fight for good economic opportunity?

@millieshops 

IMO it will never happen.

It happens in any corporation - CEOs pocket multi million dollar salaries plus stock options and the rank and file people get peanuts.  Its getting worse and worse since the 1960s. The top one percent owns everyone and everything in our once great country.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Oh, okay! I don't watch QVC so I didn't know that she says that often, LOL!

Thank you for the explanation!

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Someone with an understanding of how to do it should go into those communities and organize the women to create a collective that will broker this substance to the companies buying it, to support higher compensation and benefits for the women.

I saw a snippet from one presentation of a young woman violently pounding something that I think represented the creation of the oil. I thought that the poor gal would have only so many years doing that work before her joints fought back and she couldn't do it any longer, or keep up.

I've never tried argan oil, and since it seems "opportunistically harvested," don't think I will.

Had no idea...that is very physical job for long days.  I have seen that photo Josie puts up but I thought it was just for show.  You know like this is where it comes from...I didn't think these women were actually sitting like that all day long pounding with rocks to make oil.  I thought the nuts got gathered up and sent to a factory to extract it...and her photo was just showing how locals used to do it.  

They should be paid much more money for such labor intensive work...but lot's of places around world pay for low wages that it is shocking to me.  

I hope they get a pay increase....soon!  

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

She frequently excessively uses the expression 'sidebar'

I was trying to be funny...

@Andreatoo  LOL it's so annoying, it's like every other word is sidebar or juicy - It has gotten to where I don't even watch her shows anymore, b/c it irritates me. Not that I was really a fan of hers to begin with, I just like to see what is presented sometimes. 

~ Hope in TN ~