Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Women OVER 40 w/dry skin -- What is your favorite QVC offered face, & body, moisturizers? ++

Wow! You ALL are great! 

Thanks so much for all of the advice and recs! I will look into the products mentioned!

Respected Contributor

Re: Women OVER 40 w/dry skin -- What is your favorite QVC offered face, & body, moisturizers? ++

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Several things:

One - you're confusing her makeup and her skincare. Meghan wasn't on stage without makeup on and did not get her glow from a moisturizer. You won't, either. Yes, hydrated skin helps achieve that glow, but don't look at her makeup and think that moisturizer is going to do that. You're not looking at her skin, you're looking at her makeup and her highlighter products.

Two - you've been trying different moisturizers, but odds are, you need to look at your entire routine. A moisturizer can't do everything. If you use a cleanser that strips your skin, your moisturizer is fighting to replace what you've taken away and it's a losing battle. You should be taking cleansers and serums and exfoliants into account, as well. Changing your cleanser can sometimes make as much of a difference as changing your moisturizer. I switched to oil and balm cleansers and it's made a big difference. Using a good exfoliant, like Paula's Choice 2% BHA makes sure my serums and moisturizers work and don't just sit on my skin, so that's also very important.

Changing my cleanser, using a good exfoliator, and using a hydrating serum under my moisturizer made a huge difference for me.

Ditto, ditto, ditto. 

I will also mention that elf recently introduced "Illuminating Moisturizer," 1.22 oz for $8. They are shipping everything free for the rest of the day, I believe.

"This hydrating glowtion moisturizes the skin with illuminating effects for a glowing complexion with SPF 15 sun protection. The lotion is infused with Purified Water and skin-nourishing Jojoba, Aloe, Vitamin E and Cucumber to help soothe and protect the skin. Rich in antioxidants such as Shea Butter, Grape and Orange."

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Several things:

One - you're confusing her makeup and her skincare. Meghan wasn't on stage without makeup on and did not get her glow from a moisturizer. You won't, either. Yes, hydrated skin helps achieve that glow, but don't look at her makeup and think that moisturizer is going to do that. You're not looking at her skin, you're looking at her makeup and her highlighter products.

Two - you've been trying different moisturizers, but odds are, you need to look at your entire routine. A moisturizer can't do everything. If you use a cleanser that strips your skin, your moisturizer is fighting to replace what you've taken away and it's a losing battle. You should be taking cleansers and serums and exfoliants into account, as well. Changing your cleanser can sometimes make as much of a difference as changing your moisturizer. I switched to oil and balm cleansers and it's made a big difference. Using a good exfoliant, like Paula's Choice 2% BHA makes sure my serums and moisturizers work and don't just sit on my skin, so that's also very important.

Changing my cleanser, using a good exfoliator, and using a hydrating serum under my moisturizer made a huge difference for me.

Ditto, ditto, ditto. 

I will also mention that elf recently introduced "Illuminating Moisturizer," 1.22 oz for $8. They are shipping everything free for the rest of the day, I believe.

"This hydrating glowtion moisturizes the skin with illuminating effects for a glowing complexion with SPF 15 sun protection. The lotion is infused with Purified Water and skin-nourishing Jojoba, Aloe, Vitamin E and Cucumber to help soothe and protect the skin. Rich in antioxidants such as Shea Butter, Grape and Orange."

You can also buy a liquid illuminating primer and add that to anything. Many days I go without foundation, so sometimes I add the primer to my moisturizer or sunscreen for a touch of luminosity.

Honored Contributor

I am way over 40 and have tried everything, to date I am using the First Aid Beauty line of moisturizers.

Regular Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

The DHC olive oil cleanser is good. I actually prefer the Neutrogena oil cleanser from the drugstore or the Clinique cleansing oil.

You may have to try a few to find the right one for you. I found that some of them are more drying for me than a regular cleanser. (The Tatcha camelia oil cleanser was really hard on my skin and left me feeling totally stripped.)

I've used a lot of hand creams and my favorites are Curel, Aveeno, O'Keefe's Working Hands, Josie Maran body butter, and Skinfix. The Skinfix is my current top favorite.

Totally agree-DHC also makes cleansing grains that i love!they foam but dont strip and theyre economical. That may be a good comprimise. i always have them by my sink no matter whatelse is my cleanser du jour. I also have my hands in water constantly and the skinfix has been great at calming the eczema between my finger and pinky. Definitely recommend. The whole skinfix line is intriguing ...Another vote for JM body butter-use it exclusively-nothing makes my skin as soft.

Respected Contributor

You inquired about a hand cream and I would like to recommend O'Keeffe's Working Hands. I also like their lip repair and O'Keeffe's Healty Feet foot cream.

Honored Contributor

@motherinlaw wrote:

Important point...exfoliation is cruical.  Once that is done.....try La Mer Creme de La Maer.  It is divine.  Have been using it for almost a year now....will never switch again.

My sister loves that and uses it.  It's so expensive, but she has nice skin! 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"