Regular Contributor

Women OVER 40 w/dry skin -- What is your favorite QVC offered face, & body, moisturizers? ++++

I am so tired of wasting money on moisturizers that do not give me the results I want. I either find moisturizers that do absorb in well, but they leave my skin with a matte dull finish. Or, I find ones that make my skin look glowy and with a dewy sheen, but that is because they just sit on top of my skin. :/

I want a moisturizer that will give me that dewy/beachy glow, yet that will also absorb into my skin to tryly moisturize it.  

I was watching qvc earlier. It was a segment with that Emjoi presenter -- the cute blondewith the short hair. I think her name is Meghan? OMG, her skin looks sooooooooo amazingly moisturized and glowy. I want THAT! lol

Which qvc moisturizers do you all LOVE?

I need recs for both face and body.

Thanks!

ps. I do use an HA serum on my face and I love the dewy sheen and moisture, but I still need a heavier moisturizer 

Honored Contributor

Re: Women OVER 40 w/dry skin -- What is your favorite QVC offered face, & body, moisturizers? ++

Face wise, nothing that QVC sells.

Body wise, Josie Maran whipped Argan body butter in unscented. It's used by everyone in my family. LOVE it!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Women OVER 40 w/dry skin -- What is your favorite QVC offered face, & body, moisturizers? ++

Sometimes all the moisturizers in the world won't help if your skin isn't properly exfoliated. Do you use any chemcial exfoliant like AHA's? They take off the dead lackluster top layer of skin by breaking the bonds of the glue like structure holding it together. Unlike physical exfoliants which can sometimes take too much off, chemical exfoliants take off what is ready to come off. Of course there are those that are sensitive to them but at times even those with a sensitivity can find one that works for them. AHA's also help BHA's (salicylic acid which cleanses the pore) do their job better and get into pores that may be blocked by dead skin.

I don't know if this is something you should consider or not. Do you exfoliate?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Several things:

One - you're confusing her makeup and her skincare. Meghan wasn't on stage without makeup on and did not get her glow from a moisturizer. You won't, either. Yes, hydrated skin helps achieve that glow, but don't look at her makeup and think that moisturizer is going to do that. You're not looking at her skin, you're looking at her makeup and her highlighter products.

Two - you've been trying different moisturizers, but odds are, you need to look at your entire routine. A moisturizer can't do everything. If you use a cleanser that strips your skin, your moisturizer is fighting to replace what you've taken away and it's a losing battle. You should be taking cleansers and serums and exfoliants into account, as well. Changing your cleanser can sometimes make as much of a difference as changing your moisturizer. I switched to oil and balm cleansers and it's made a big difference. Using a good exfoliant, like Paula's Choice 2% BHA makes sure my serums and moisturizers work and don't just sit on my skin, so that's also very important.

Changing my cleanser, using a good exfoliator, and using a hydrating serum under my moisturizer made a huge difference for me.

Valued Contributor

Important point...exfoliation is cruical.  Once that is done.....try La Mer Creme de La Maer.  It is divine.  Have been using it for almost a year now....will never switch again.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for all of the great replies!

Yes, I exfoliate. I ALT between a lactic peel, and bha. I do also use the Peter T. Roth UnWrinkle pads in between the other peels. I wonder if maybe I am overdoing the peels? I do the main peels once every 2 weeks. I use the UnWrinkle pads maybe 2 x in between the main peels. 

My diet is great (40.30.30) and I work out regularly. My weight is good. And I drink plenty of water, take supplements, incl probiotics, digstive enzymes, omega 3s, borage oil, etc.

Cleansers......Yes. This may be my problem.

I am not that good about. I buy....whatever. I know this must be an issue. I prefer the feel that OIL free cleansers give me: that firm, taught skin feel. I know that must be bad, but when I buy the ones for dry skin, I feel they leave my face feeling smushy, for lack of a better adjective! lol It feels as if I am washing my face with lotion. Ugh I am using Cetaphil currently, and I hate it. Following up with my HA serum helps give me the taughtness/firmness I want. Also, the oil free cleansers give my face that shinier look I miss from when I used to have oily skin up until I turned 40. I do not have any wrinkles or sagginess so far, but I know that using harsh cleansers may cause them. I will look into other cleansers! Thanks. I get catalogs from DHC all the time. They have an Olive Oil cleansing oil. Has anyone tried it? Thoughts??

TY for the rec on the JM Body Butters!

I love her Argan Milk and oils, as well as her foundation. Smiley Happy

-------------------

Any HAND cream recs?

That is another product fail for me. L'Occitane is good, but so expensive forthe small size. I have tried the drugstore brands, which are ok. It seems much of my day entails having my hands in water. Taking care of my little dog, my elderly mom, house work, gardening....I find myself slathering lotion over my hands constantly. I need a super intense cream mayve for overnight? I cannot do the bedtime glove thing, though. It drives me crazy after 30 min. ha  I am about ready to start wearing gloves 24/7 soon. :/

Thanks again for everyones replies! 

Super Contributor

I feel like I've tried everything on my face.  I was still breaking out at age 57. Ugh!  This past December the lady who does my hair gave me a sample of Chi Argan Oil plus Moringa Oil. For kicks one night I decided to try it straight on my face after using my Clarisonic.  My face has NEVER been better in all my years. I'm 58 now and my face is smooth, acne free, and glows.  I've been lucky genetically regarding wrinkles, as my mom still has great skin.  This is now my daily routine.    I've never been so happy with a product.  I know QVC sells Argan Oil but I've personally never tried those brands. 

Respected Contributor

I'm using Josie's oil cleanser right now but I have used the DHC olive oil cleanser in the past and liked that too. I also use Josie's Argan Milk, Argan oil and tinted SPF. My skin is very sensitive and this works for me.  

Respected Contributor

@Wannabeincali  If you're having a hard time finding a facial cleanser that makes you feel clean but not too dry or oily, I have a suggestion.  I've been using the SSC (Serious Skin Care) cleansers for many years (sold only on HSN).  They have several formulas; my fav is probably the Glycolic, but really they are all great.  The large sizes (12 oz.) can be expensive, but I've always gotten mine as part of a kit at a real bargain price.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

The DHC olive oil cleanser is good. I actually prefer the Neutrogena oil cleanser from the drugstore or the Clinique cleansing oil.

You may have to try a few to find the right one for you. I found that some of them are more drying for me than a regular cleanser. (The Tatcha camelia oil cleanser was really hard on my skin and left me feeling totally stripped.)

I've used a lot of hand creams and my favorites are Curel, Aveeno, O'Keefe's Working Hands, Josie Maran body butter, and Skinfix. The Skinfix is my current top favorite.