Honored Contributor

Re: With the WEN Lawsuit going on

@butterfly123 wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I am wondering how many other products contain the ingredients that Wen is being sued over.  I think this is just the beginning of the problem.  Please don't misunderstand my message. I am neutral about the Wen lawsuit.  However I do think that many other companies will be sued for using the same ingredients. JMHO

@butterfly123  I hope this is true. With the HABA industry being totally unregulated.. there needs to be more care put into what goes into products that people apply to their skin and such.  There is too much freedom to make claims about products and putting  in whatever sounds good  without really studying what is safe or not safe.

Honored Contributor

"I don't know anything about WEN or class action lawsuits, but I HAVE AN OPINION!!"

Honored Contributor

I believe this is one of those frivilous law suits that people bring and lawyers take as a nothing ventured nothing gained kind of thing. I think most people don't realize how hair grows and sheds and think they are losing more hair then they should and think the product is the cause. I think Chaz makes claims that are not realistic for most hair types without professional styling, other than that I love his stuff and use it religiously. I also realize I have fine thin hair and no product will give me a head full of thick hair permanently.

Respected Contributor

I reckon I'm crazy because I just found one of my EOS lip balms and started using it again by my favorite chair.

WEN didn't work for me, but it does for many people. I'm pretty sure they would stop using it if they have hair loss, but then again, the people sueing didn't, so there that is.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would never purchase the WEN products now. Who would want to risk being one of the people who WEN caused hair loss of any kind? I would think Chaz would address this  issue/ lawsuit sometime. QVC as well.  I will stick to my shampoo. Love the lather! 

So, if you're a shampoo user, great.   No problem, right?

Respected Contributor

@baker wrote:

I believe this is one of those frivolous law suits that people bring and lawyers take as a nothing ventured nothing gained kind of thing. I think most people don't realize how hair grows and sheds and think they are losing more hair then they should and think the product is the cause. I think Chaz makes claims that are not realistic for most hair types without professional styling, other than that I love his stuff and use it religiously. I also realize I have fine thin hair and no product will give me a head full of thick hair permanently.

This does remind me that one of the original clients/complainants is a lawyer, so she decided to take advantage of the frackas and sue.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

"I don't know anything about WEN or class action lawsuits, but I HAVE AN OPINION!!"

I totally agree with you ChynnaBlue, but you know what happens when this topic comes up! These boards are for OPINIONS! Let's everyone reading remember that!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

There are LOTS of reasons that people lose hair .... hormones. medications, allergies to products, etc etc.

I hope that every person who claims that Wen caused their hair loss has been to an allergist and had tests done to rule out everything else but Wen .... and can prove they had these tests done.     

Too many people like to jump on the maybe I can get some money bandwagon.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would never purchase the WEN products now. Who would want to risk being one of the people who WEN caused hair loss of any kind? I would think Chaz would address this  issue/ lawsuit sometime. QVC as well.  I will stick to my shampoo. Love the lather! 

@SeaMaiden  Had an arguement with the husband? Ate too much over the weekend? Kids not call you on your birthday? Friends cancelled on the dinner date Saturday night?

This is old news and said umpteen times already. You could have easily added your comment to one of hundreds of existing threads on this topic but you didn't.

QVC Customer Care