Honored Contributor

Re: With the WEN Lawsuit going on

W

@CalMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would never purchase the WEN products now. Who would want to risk being one of the people who WEN caused hair loss of any kind? I would think Chaz would address this  issue/ lawsuit sometime. QVC as well.  I will stick to my shampoo. Love the lather! 

@SeaMaiden  Had an arguement with the husband? Ate too much over the weekend? Kids not call you on your birthday? Friends cancelled on the dinner date Saturday night?

This is old news and said umpteen times already. You could have easily added your comment to one of hundreds of existing threads on this topic but you didn't.

@CalMom Thank-you for your opinion. It is valued as you are a valued contributer. Have a wonderful day Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

W

@CalMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would never purchase the WEN products now. Who would want to risk being one of the people who WEN caused hair loss of any kind? I would think Chaz would address this  issue/ lawsuit sometime. QVC as well.  I will stick to my shampoo. Love the lather! 

@SeaMaiden  Had an arguement with the husband? Ate too much over the weekend? Kids not call you on your birthday? Friends cancelled on the dinner date Saturday night?

This is old news and said umpteen times already. You could have easily added your comment to one of hundreds of existing threads on this topic but you didn't.

@CalMom Thank-you for your opinion. It is valued as you are a valued contributer. Have a wonderful day Smiley Happy

@SeaMaiden  Why did you need to begin another thread and not just add your comment to one or more existing threads? Please share as we would like to understand the need to constantly bring this subject up and start a new thread. Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalMom  I did not know there were rules? Do you have these rules as to how to start a thread?I would just assume that if you personally  did not like   THIS  thread... do  not open it or just do not post on it. I respect that and that is why I do not post on WEN lovers threads. 

I think I have a right to just start a thread of my own and not have to go did up other people's old threads. People always complain about people digging up the old threads and starting them up again DON'T THEY? 

Anyways, no hard feelings here at all. We all have opinions and have the right to address them without getting upset at each other. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I am not a Wen user,I tried it and it just did nothing for my hair. Belive me when I say,I wanted to love this. It sounded so great.BUT my hair  looked exactly and felt exactly like when I used Regular Shampoo & Conditioner. I followed the instuctions and nothing.However, I had a bottle of Wen in the Shower and I didn't want to throw it out..Who knows why,I wasn't going to use it..BUT along comes my Husband and he askes me..What is this?.I told him and he gave it a try..He has VERY SHORT HAIR and he doesn't use much..but he says it got rid of his dandruff..BUT he says that he has to WASH HIS SCALP with Regular Shampoo at least once every few weeks to REMOVE THE WAXY BUILD UP ON HIS SCALP..So, I am saying that this stuff builds up on the scalp and MAYBE FOR SOME..it might CLOG THE HAIR FOLICLES..I don't know..but Chaz never,ever addresses that... I don't really know if you call his company if they would actually admit to that. It's wonderful if it works for you,but I really can't understand these WEN CRAZIES who do not believe the people who are losing hair and having allergic reactions to the ingriedents that Chaz is using in his products. Just because Chaz says this stuff is OK,doesn't mean it is..There are no REGULATIONS on what he or any of these manufacturers put into their products....There has to be more SAFETY Regulations in place..

There is truth to "It is not what you say (write) but how you say (write) it".

BTW, there are various ways to use Wen. Many people co wash with the product, shampoo once a week. or just use it as a conditioner.

With all your caps, green coloring and large font, I thought you were going to tell us that your husband used Wen, went bald, had replacement treatment, met a younger woman and left you. Now that's reason for large fonts, capital letters with colored text!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

You never know unless  you try it.

I am not a wenner but I tried all the formulas. The ones with the highest menthol concentration burned my scalp  and I had a massasive allergic reaction to tea tree  but all the others includeing wen kids  were very gentle and did not hurt my hair at all. The most allergen free  formulas  I suspect are wen kids. 

I choose to use regular shampoo for I did not notice any difference with wen and i found wen  hard to massage in my hair and to rinse out also there are cheaper  cleansing conditioners that actually work better than wen such as Bioterra(Sallys Beauty Supply), Vidal Sassoon(drugstore.com), Hair Food Honey Apricot(Target), and Loreal  Cleansing Balm ( So far only seen at CVS)

I really wanted to like wen  but it just did nothing for me, I am happy for those that love it and saved their hair. I still like the oils and styling products  but even still drugstore brands do the same thing with better results

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Lots of class action lawsuits ... have you seen the recent on for EOS lip balm.  A class-action lawsuit versus EOS lip balm has claimed that the popular product causes unwanted reactions such as blisters and rashes around the mouth. A lawyer warned the number of affected users could reach tens of thousands and likely exceed hundreds of thousands.

EOS Lip Balm

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@CalMom  I did not know there were rules? Do you have these rules as to how to start a thread?I would just assume that if you personally  did not like   THIS  thread... do  not open it or just do not post on it. I respect that and that is why I do not post on WEN lovers threads. 

I think I have a right to just start a thread of my own and not have to go did up other people's old threads. People always complain about people digging up the old threads and starting them up again DON'T THEY? 

Anyways, no hard feelings here at all. We all have opinions and have the right to address them without getting upset at each other. 

@SeaMaiden 

For heavens sake, someone can buy a soda and go out side and throw it at a building. Just because you can doesn't mean it makes sense. So I and others would like to know why you (and there are others as well) have to start another thread regarding the same old, same old topic.

Just as you would like QVC and/or Chaz to address this ongoing lawsuit, I and others would like you to address the issue of why you need to start a topic about Wen about the same thing when there are hundreds of other threads that you can add your comments to? Yes, please do address this issue!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I am wondering how many other products contain the ingredients that Wen is being sued over.  I think this is just the beginning of the problem.  Please don't misunderstand my message. I am neutral about the Wen lawsuit.  However I do think that many other companies will be sued for using the same ingredients. JMHO

I was watching a news story  on this  and apparently not all ingredients are on the labels and their are no real regulations  to force a company to disclose.  And an example they gave is  "fragrance"  is listed on the bottle  of wen ( and other products)   but they do not list  what ingredients  make up that fragrance and what ever that ingredient  makes up the fragrance could be an allergen. Also i suspect it is not not just the  ingredient(s) but the concentration of said ingredient.   So other  beauty products can have the same ingredients but perhaps lower concentrations?  Also they stated there is now law to force chaz or any other company  to pull items from shalves so basically  they can settle out of court and he will not have to change a thing in his products. The FDA  does not regulate  hair care products so basacially companies can do what ever they want. I do not think Chaz or GR  intended any harm  but I feel they really need  to try harder and reformulate  some of the products or  they will just get sued  again some time in the future  

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I am not a Wen user,I tried it and it just did nothing for my hair. Belive me when I say,I wanted to love this. It sounded so great.BUT my hair  looked exactly and felt exactly like when I used Regular Shampoo & Conditioner. I followed the instuctions and nothing.However, I had a bottle of Wen in the Shower and I didn't want to throw it out..Who knows why,I wasn't going to use it..BUT along comes my Husband and he askes me..What is this?.I told him and he gave it a try..He has VERY SHORT HAIR and he doesn't use much..but he says it got rid of his dandruff..BUT he says that he has to WASH HIS SCALP with Regular Shampoo at least once every few weeks to REMOVE THE WAXY BUILD UP ON HIS SCALP..So, I am saying that this stuff builds up on the scalp and MAYBE FOR SOME..it might CLOG THE HAIR FOLICLES..I don't know..but Chaz never,ever addresses that... I don't really know if you call his company if they would actually admit to that. It's wonderful if it works for you,but I really can't understand these WEN CRAZIES who do not believe the people who are losing hair and having allergic reactions to the ingriedents that Chaz is using in his products. Just because Chaz says this stuff is OK,doesn't mean it is..There are no REGULATIONS on what he or any of these manufacturers put into their products....There has to be more SAFETY Regulations in place..

@Alexa6352

Absolutely no offense intended, but this huge bold print is really hard on the eyes!

(And this has nothing to do with the subject matter, I don't use WEN.)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.